One week out, wake up shifter forum....

80Jr and Sr, 125 Senior, Stock and Masters

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Brad Johnson
The master poster
One week out, wake up shifter forum....

Post by Brad Johnson » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Our forum has been pretty quiet over the winter. We are one week out so who's going to make race 1? Provided it isn't raining or something.

By the way does anybody have the Hegar mount kit on their pipe and silencer? I just bought one (R4 pipe) and the silencer bracket doesn't really line up with the silencer. It's about 1/2" too low for the silencer to rest on the cradle. Just wondering if anybody has one and if it was a bolt on and go deal or if you had to "work" it a bit to get things right.

Teddy Gonzalez

Re: One week out, wake up shifter forum....

Post by Teddy Gonzalez » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:33 am

I'm racing!
Who else is in??

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Okay Teddy, So far looks like you and me so you'll have to give me a little head start. Maybe we should do it like a pursuit thing and see if we can be close at the finish line!! :D Somebody else will show up I'm sure. See you Sunday.

Richard Scott
Rookie Poster

Post by Richard Scott » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:53 pm

Shaun will race S1 ICC class

R Scott
Richard Scott
832-499-7261

Jim Garvin
The master poster

Post by Jim Garvin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:57 pm

Wanted to let you know I plan to be there with my stock moto and I think Mark Reed and Joe Bauhs will also be there with their stock motos.

See ya on the 6th
Jim Garvin
TaG #26T

Mark Reid
The master poster

Post by Mark Reid » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:00 am

Not sure about that Reed guy but Mark Reid will be there. Should be a real nice day for racing. See you there Jim Garvine.
Mark Reid

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:55 am

Hey guys,

I just heard yesterday that there might be 1 or 2 new shifters joining the fun. Mike Rhodes, who races a Chonda, stopped by and said they were expecting a shifter in. And I might have heard wrong but I thought he said 2 shifters. Since Mark is now the speedy guy in S4 we will all be near him trying to find his secrets.

So, yesterday we had 8 (guess Teddy watched Daytona!) and if we can get Brady, Brian M., the Allens, and the new folks we get to maybe 14-15 total shifters. I call 15th spot!!! By the way, if we are going to run all 15 laps in the final I vote for laps 8-10 as full course yellows then a 5 lap sprint to the end... :D

Mark Reid
The master poster

Post by Mark Reid » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:11 am

Yeah, everyone has a lucky day. Mine started off with electrical failure (a problem that has not been resolved). But I asked the good Lord to throw me a bone for my 46 birthday and he answered (sort of)...I have big briuses all over my body and my ribs are sore. Anyway, there are even more shifters coming than you listed. Graig Alvarez (the guy who started in TaG with me) is having a new Birel built by 3G as we speak. Graig has been out for 2 years but he was fast in TaG and I'm sure he will get fast in Shifter. He is light enough to run S3 if he chooses. Grant is moving from TaG to shifter and talked a buddy of his into get one as well. Dave is still about building one but not sure where he stands. Joplin and Jones have shifters but prefer TaG at Katy and run shifters at GS. Shifter should be a massive class by late Spring. We'll need the medics to bring more O2.
Mark Reid

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Well, Happy Birthday. I'm not good with electrical but check your ground if your coil is grounded by a wire and maybe your plug wire or boot. I had a problem once and I chased it around, turned out to be the boot itself.

That's cool news about the increase in shifter numbers. I can understand Bryan and Paul not liking the shifter at Katy. I think CW is a better direction, although my neck takes a beating but CCW my whole body took a thrashing.

Mark Reid
The master poster

Post by Mark Reid » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:27 am

Thanks. Was thinking boot, plug wire and plug next. Both directions give me full body torture!
Mark Reid

Teddy Gonzalez

Post by Teddy Gonzalez » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:53 am

Sorry I missed you guys last race. no Brad, no nascar for me, I'm an F1 fanatic. I will make it next race, good to know the shifter class is growing, I just sold my 80cc shifter to a super nice guy ( matt ), so wake up 80cc class! he'll be running with us. Frank and Brian where you at?

Mark Reid
The master poster

Post by Mark Reid » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:43 am

Ok, who is considering going to Oklahoma? My status is pending a family member who is about to pass but otherwise, I want to go. Joe, Jim and Paul Jones are going (Paul will take Tag I think). I know it is a big time and cost comittment but it would be fun to have 7 or so shifters converge on Norman from Houston.
Mark Reid

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:38 pm

I am going for the banquet on Saturday. I haven't really made up my mind if I will go up Fri. to race on Sat. and Sun. or go up Sat. and race on Sun. afterwards. If my wife doesn't want to run her Chonda I can haul somebodies stuff with me if you want to ride along. We have alot of stuff happening right now that should calm down in the next week or two and I can make more solid plans.

Mike Books

Post by Mike Books » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:09 pm

Mark,
Kyle will be going, we're going up mid day Friday and coming back Sunday night, it would be great to have more Houston guys up there! Like to hear from some of the new shifters that are working on getting out to Katy! Any of those guys need any help all you need to do is ask there's alot of us would be willing to help! Good Luck!
Mike Books

Brady Ipock

Post by Brady Ipock » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:28 pm

Yep, I've been MIA. The first few dates conflicted with motorcycle racing, but now I've been laid up because of motorcycle racing. This was why I decided to go kart racing in the first place--safer than motorcycles. lol I have three more weeks before I get this darn finger splint off, so I won't make the next round either. I'm hoping to be back out after that though.

Brady