TAG questions to group

TAG Cadet, TAG Junior, TAG Senior & TAG Masters

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Michael Carson
TAG questions to group

Post by Michael Carson » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:44 pm

I am seriously considering joining GCK (TAG adult class). I plan on attending the Aug. 10th event to make sure I would be a good fit for y'all. My goal is to be ready to roll at the next event (Sept?). Ideally, being able to test drive a TAG cart, AUG 10th or sooner would help. My challenge is I have no Kart, or suit (full gear). I have a DOT full motorcycle helmet but is that sanctioned? Any way I can rent the above from someone for a test? I could come to the track most days or time.

My background is competitive jetski racer, Nascar (Rusty Wallace school), indoor gokart (K1, etc...), competitive endurance horse racing. So I have some driving skills. My tel. # 832-628-7669. Hope one of you would be willing to assist me. And... if all goes well I would be in the market to buy a TAG kart.

Jean Michel Gaston
The master poster

Re: TAG questions to group

Post by Jean Michel Gaston » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:16 am

Hi Michael,
If you haven't already, speak with Dave or AB at 3G kart racing about their rental program. I'm not sure if they still have it, but they used to for people just like you. The cost included the kart (TaG class), set up, and full track side support (mechanic and tuning) for race day. I don't think they included gear. They were racing in California this weekend, so give them a few days to get back to the shop, Im guessing they''ll be back by Wednesday.

Another option is to come out on the 10th, meet everyone, get input from all the different racers and other track side support company (RPM). I have seen in the past that a few members offer up test rides at the end of the day to newcommers.

good luck!
JM