Switch...

Forum for all other classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Ian Armstrong
Loud Mouth Poster
Switch...

Post by Ian Armstrong » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:46 pm

So because I suck at tuning, I popped my Easykart motor. Looks like it went a little lean. Compounded with the fact that I need to learn to drive and some chassis set-up, I was thinking of converting my kart over to a KT100 motor. What all would I need to buy? Motor mount, motor, what kind of exhaust (can vs. pipe?), 3rd bearing support?, Starter?, etc. Thanks for the help....

Ian

Gary Percival

Post by Gary Percival » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:32 pm

you can get most of the stuff on ebay if you want to get used stuff or buy new. The motor mount wil prolly come with a 3rd bearing support. Either can or pipe, its up to you. A can will make it easier on the motor but not as fast. Just type in KT100 KT-100 on ebay and alot will come up.

Scott Boone
The master poster

used engines

Post by Scott Boone » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:05 pm

I recommend you buy a new kt100 for $600 and buy the rest used if you can. The new motor should be more reliable than one off ebay. If you are buying used equipment ask the owner where they race and try to look up their race history on mylaps or in their club points. If you see a lot of dnf and dns, look somewhere else.

You need to be careful with the mount and third bearing support because they are different for the chassis tube size etc. I recommend you get the pipe not the can and be prepared to run the Yamaha lite class. The clutch is open. I run the horstman steel Nitro. Colin walker is running a dry clutch and says it works well. I will ask Joe what pipe etc and post later.

Gary Percival

here's 3 motor mounts

Post by Gary Percival » Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:15 pm

this guy has 3 Odenthal motor mounts with the 3rd bearing support. One is new and 2 are used. He has quite a few other stuff too.

[/url]http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZwillyautoparts

Luke Hesketh

Post by Luke Hesketh » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:04 pm

Gary did you plan on still coming out to run yamees? I know you were considering it a while back, what ever happened to that? My brother, Steve Hesketh, recent poster KJ Kreiter, myself, and the already established Books, will be the protagonists this year. I know of a couple that might join us too, the Partins. So, if you were there, and Scott saw enough competition to grace our presence, lol, any given Sunday you'd have about 8 karts to run with. I am trying to ensure the bang for the buck deal Yamahas give. Even though right now my kart has more bang than anything (bought very used and working out the kinks) I expect this class to be one of the most fun and stiff classes. Maybe Colin or somebody will start a 2G karting (get it, not as fast as tag, so less g's) for Yamahas, lol. :lol:

Twitch