Welding Machine?

Forum for all other classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Tony Swagga
Welding Machine?

Post by Tony Swagga » Mon May 02, 2011 1:13 pm

does anyone know where to start looking for a plasma/tig all in one welding machine....i have spoken with the bigger companies like miller and lincoln already and they are a little too expensive for me at the time......if you know where i can find an affordable one with a good warranty then please be sure to let me know thanks to all in advance

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster

Re: Welding Machine?

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Mon May 02, 2011 10:47 pm

I usually stay away from all in one machines. They usually do not do anything well. There are lots of used machines on the internet, both plasma cutters and tig. I would becareful of the older tig machines as they are not as user friendly. I just purchased a Miller Dynasty 200 tig. It has all the bells and whistles and is user friendly. I tried the thumb control, but it was difficult to adjust heat range without slightly moving the torch. I went back and purchased the foot control and the difference is night and day. I also purchased a Harbor Freight plasma cutter on sale for about $600. Thought I would give a cheap one a try. I consider it my best buy. I was suprised just how well it worked. Considering its cost, it meets expectations as a plasma cutter, just as well as what I expect my Miller tig and lincoln mig to do as welders. (both welders are commercial machines not Home Depot)

Bryan

Tony Swagga

Post by Tony Swagga » Sat May 28, 2011 10:37 am

I have actually decided to go with a company named longevity, i have my received my unit already and it works great and i couldn't ask for more, the other companies were not willing to go as low as this company did also being backed by a 5 year warranty is great.....i am going to attach a link for you to view and be sure to let me know what you think....also how would i go about posting pics for my unit on this forum?

http://www.longevity-inc.com/productdet ... -200PI.php

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Sun May 29, 2011 10:18 am

Check out weldingtipsandtricks. I find it to be a great site for welding information. They have a video of your machine and discussion on the Chinese built equipment. Chinese can often be the way to go. I just settled on the purchase of a Chinese built metal lathe, about half the cost of a U.S. model (probalby built in China). Good luck with your machine.

Bryan