Number of Laps

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

DARIO BASTON SR
The master poster
Re: Number of Laps

Post by DARIO BASTON SR » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:08 pm

Scott,

more drivers should attend the drivers meetings. then drivers in their respected classes would know what's going on..oh i forgot you were not at the last drivers meeting.

some other competitor ( chonda )at the last drivers meeting changed it for that day's event.

i expect all drivers to be at the driver's meeting.......NO exeptions.

best

Dario Baston Sr.

Bill Choice
The master poster

Post by Bill Choice » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:58 pm

Dude, seriously? So we were punished for not being at the drivers meeting? This was the first meeting that I have missed, and Boone and Joplin never heard you at the end of the pit runner. I did have my son and teammate at the drivers meeting when you asked about the laps. You have never listened to him when he suggested 18 and 25 laps, so why ask him now?

Nevertheless, you need to follow the rules and not bully the Chonda drivers into settling for less than we paid for and deserve. We had already reminded you that Chondas should get 12 and 15 just like the other classes and just as the rules clearly state. BTW, you told me we were running 10 and 12, but we only ran 8 and 10, so you didn't even follow your own modified rules. Maybe just following the written rules would be a better plan next time.

- Bill

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:04 am

Good evening,

The Rule change regarding laps was clearing discussed and the change carefully crafted. The direct purpose of the change was to avoid any discussion at drivers meetings regarding laps. Drivers are not supposed to be asked nor are drivers to request a change in race laps. Race laps are now a fixed number and all drivers should prepare and expect to compete accordingly. The only rare exceptions were meant to be safety related, ie. rain or lack of daylight.

This is not the first time drivers have been disappointed and the rule change was meant to avoid this situation.

Bryan

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:39 am

Probably should keep my view out of this since I wasn't involved but it's sort of a character flaw of mine.
Bill Choice wrote:Dude, seriously? So we were punished for not being at the drivers meeting? This was the first meeting that I have missed, and Boone and Joplin never heard you at the end of the pit runner......
Maybe just following the written rules would be a better plan next time.
- Bill
It is a punishable offense Bill, as per the GCKI rules:

DRIVERS MEETING: A drivers meeting will be held as soon as possible at the conclusion of the practice. Attendance at the drivers meeting is mandatory for all drivers. A loud sound device (i.e., air horn) or announcement over the public address system will be used to call drivers to the drivers meeting and any driver failing to be present for the drivers meeting within 5 minutes of the sounding of the device or announcement for drivers meeting may be excluded from the racing event.

I sounds like the only three guys who remember 12/15 being the rule missed the drivers meeting and no one else spoke up. I didn't remember the rule being made or I would have spoken up, maybe Dario would have said he was worried about weather but I can't say what he was thinking. I'm kind of curious why it wasn't discussed when the pre-final was shorted.

Mike Hewitt
The master poster

Post by Mike Hewitt » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:24 am

Wow! Such drama for the Chonda Class, it makes me want to buy a Chonda and race just so that I can be part of the action. Does anyone have an engine for sale?

I shall name it "The Chondito", I hope that name isn't taken.

Brian sell me that stock Chonda you have.

Mike

Bill Choice
The master poster

Post by Bill Choice » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:39 am

I should have been at the driver meeting and it was inexcusable and I should have been publicly thrashed and not permitted to race that day. However, I was spared and the race director chose not to banish me from the track, so I guess I should count my lucky stars and just say thanks!

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:27 am

Not exactly the angle or the extremism I was going for. Maybe a ruler to the knuckles once. Same for Dario for bouncing the rules.

Brian Traw
The master poster

Post by Brian Traw » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:21 pm

Mike,
i have recently changed my outlook on bending the rules..........That now said i have two Chonda motors for us. I will be racing the next race.

BB Racing (big boy racing) is back............

Traw

Scott Boone
The master poster

Post by Scott Boone » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:44 pm

Traw.......What is this "Is back" stuff? Did you race karts in a previous life?
OR is this a ploy to get out of the big X on the back of BigBoy's helmet? :D

Eddie Ilavia
The master poster

Post by Eddie Ilavia » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:36 pm

Wow! Mr Hewitt you seem spot on, so much agression, so much passion, this Chonda thing just might be the worm-hole in the universe to real racing...hmmm NOT!

Actually speaking from the amateur ranks maybe we could keep the Chonda laps to a minimum until we "Spring the Clocks Forward" to ensure there is enough daylight for us to complete all the other meaningless classes during raceday.

Also, take it easy on those who actually work the day and put on the events. We seem to do a really nice job of running off those who actually work so we can race and this thread is shameful.

Dario does an excellent job of running the Day's events! Enough guys, apologies would be appropriate!
Regards,
MIDI Motorsports

Bill Choice
The master poster

Post by Bill Choice » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:53 pm

Well... Nice try, but I'm not taking the bait Eddie!

Eddie Ilavia
The master poster

Post by Eddie Ilavia » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:18 pm

No bait Bill, just funny to see how worked up everyone is getting over nothing. With work being so hectic lately I have had little chance to get online and review and initially thought the thread was in jest, however, when it became clear it was serious I laughed out loud. The Race Director is just that, he/she sets the day and the events, tries to accomodate exceptions as best as they can and it really is a thankless task and one that we should support and embrace and definitely not one we should runoff. Again, as previously stated Dario has done an excellent job as Race Director, last year we thought we could do it by comittee and it suffered until Dario stepped up and toook it on. Adam is another as the flagman that has done a remarkable job along with his Dad (oh what's his name, Rick yea that's it:>) ) as Tech Director. There is way too much drama at times and maybe we should all just enjoy the sport more instead of trying to find fault in every little thing.

Like Brad, I was telling myself to stay out of it but when I realized the tone of the thread was serious I wanted to make sure and convey my appreciation for the efforts of those individuals who spend their weekends working so we can race. Thanks to all that help out every raceday I know its the cornerstone for my family's enjoyment and the MI DI Team appreciates you and your continued support and effort more than you know!!!

Night night.
Regards,
MIDI Motorsports

Colin Walker
Rookie Poster

Racing at Katy

Post by Colin Walker » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:30 am

Wow Guys. How can you get so het up about a "fun" day-out kart racing? I'm getting to be happier all the time about my decision to quit sprint racing.
Though I said I wouldn't I have one thing to say about my contrversial engine. It was buit to spec. but two little words proceeded the "box stock engine " BUILDER PREPARED" Obviously not to the 2010 published GCKI rules. But there you go, this old man wanted to race with the "boys" and not drive around the track alone. Didn't work in so many ways - maybe going back to road racing is not so bad an idea. IF I ever won a race with the SWRA there is no fear that my engine will be torn apart and consficated by another driver.
Have a fun Day on the 7th and remember Chonda drivers if you are in the first five at the end of the race and you don't like being beaten you can alwys claim the first place engine for $160!
Colin

DARIO BASTON SR
The master poster

Post by DARIO BASTON SR » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:21 pm

to all ,

first i would like to apologise to the board members and to all racers and members and all families .this i feel has gone to far. because of my actions and decisions as a race director sometimes i make a good call and sometimes it's the wrong one. in this case i feel that this was a bad call on my part and NO one-else .

so in short i do apologise..

best regards

Dario Baston Sr.