Chonda Update

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Bill Choice
The master poster
Chonda Update

Post by Bill Choice » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:16 am

Just thought I would update everyone on the latest Chonda info. We had 8 Chondas at the track last weekend with one out for an illness, that makes 9 to date at GCKI and I know of several more in the building stages. We had some great racing, the Chonder Puff Derby is good fun, and many folks tried them out after the event. My first engine, which has over 13 hours on it, is still running strong with the only maintenance being 2 oil changes!

There is valuable information in the other threads so please review them all if you are interested in building a Chonda. Our class rules are here:
http://www.racekarts.com/images/stories ... _rules.pdf

Rick Miller, our Tech Director, has meticulously dismantled a chonda and has measured and weighed each part in preparation for next season. So remember, with the claimer rule and Ricks watchful eye it is not worth the trouble or expense to try and tweak these engines. Work on kart setup and that nut between the seat and steering wheel for better lap times!

I spoke to Tom at ARCRacing.com today and he is going to add the Black Rhino engine mount to his inventory. So you can now order all the parts necessary for a fire breathing Chonda from one place, with competitive pricing and save on shipping.  I have the Black Rhino mount and it is just as good as the Burris and 10 bucks cheaper.

Make sure to check out the upcoming swap meet for possible Chonda chassis and other good stuff. This is the perfect opportunity to free up valuable garage space and hang out with your fellow karters! Hopefully we will get some of the great weather we have been enjoying lately. I will have a couple Chondas available for testing and will have an engine opened up for everyone to check out.

If you have any questions about the Chonda class or prepping an engine please feel free to post to the forum or contact one of the current Chonda racers. This is sure to be a great class next year and I want to make sure everyone gets off to a good start.

- Bill
billchoice at gmail dot com
281-384-7019

Charles Mowrey

Re: Chonda Update

Post by Charles Mowrey » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:27 pm

When do we get our own class Forum? :D

DARIO BASTON SR
The master poster

Post by DARIO BASTON SR » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:50 pm

Bill,

i just waxed my chassis , how's my motor ?. i have to get out there and pound some laps before rick get's his package together. :D

best

Dario Baston Sr.

DARIO BASTON SR
The master poster

Post by DARIO BASTON SR » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:55 pm

i forgot to mention , on Nov 15th i will have about 6-7 people that are going to want to try out the chonda's. so please bring them out, and if anyone has chassis laying around that they can buy please let me know. thank you.

best regards

Dario Baston Sr.

281-536-6993

Bill Choice
The master poster

Post by Bill Choice » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:30 pm

Dario -

Engine is prepped, waiting for the parts now and should have all next Tuesday. I'll let you know when it's ready to roll, but it should be complete by Thursday at the latest.

-Bill

brian allen
The master poster

Post by brian allen » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:06 am

Dario,
I have a chassis that would be good for a chonda i will bring it to the swap meet.
thanks

Bill Choice
The master poster

Post by Bill Choice » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Hey Dario! Your Chonda is ready to rumble! Give me a call or email and I'll arrange a pickup time/place. I expect you see you in the event on Sunday.

Since I was building one for Dario I ordered extra parts and will have a complete engine package for sale at the swap meet. Engine is prepped, all the parts necessary from engine mount to sprocket are included, just bolt it on, hook up your fuel line and throttle cable and you are ready to race. First one to call or email me can have it for cost plus $20 for my efforts. That makes it $430 total!

-Bill

Bill Choice
The master poster

Post by Bill Choice » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:09 am

The Chonda is gone! Another new chonda racer enters the fold!
Bill

DARIO BASTON SR
The master poster

Post by DARIO BASTON SR » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:20 pm

Bill,

thank you, i will be there saturday .looking forward to it.

best regards

dario baston sr

281-536-6993