The Great Chonder-Puff Derby

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

John Bartos
The master poster
The Great Chonder-Puff Derby

Post by John Bartos » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:03 pm

Chonder-Puff Derby – By popular demand we will hold a race for our female support members immediately following the Chonda pre-final at each of our next two races (During the break before the mains.) It will be a 10-lap sprint with starting positions determined by lottery draw. Standing start. Karts will race in the identical configuration as they come off the track for the Chonda regular event – i.e. weights, restrictors, etc will remain in place. It will be a no-cost race entry, but competitors must sign a driver’s waiver. All proper racing gear must be worn. Special awards will be presented to the top 3 finishers. We’ll hold this event at the last two races of the season.

Ladies!... START YOUR CHONDAS!!!

Scott Boone
The master poster

Re: The Great Chonder-Puff Derby

Post by Scott Boone » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:42 am

That motor should NOT pass inspection! The rule says unaltered. You could have a super duper cheater engine and no one would ever claim it. Please tell me you photo shopped the color!

Marcia Bartos
The master poster

Post by Marcia Bartos » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:22 am

Ha Ha, that's exactly what he did! That is MY motor, well, will be. :lol: I was thinking EVERYONE would want to claim it cuz it's so pretty and those other Chonder-Puff Drivers would be fighting for it!!
Marcia
"HA HA, you've just been passed by a GIRl!"

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:06 pm

That's funny!! My wife was out for a while on Sunday and watched the Chondas. She got a little bit excited about it and was asking if we could paint the motor Pink. Unfortunately, I think her excitement already died off. I have a line on a chassis and she was gung ho but then changed her mind last night. :(

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:12 pm

Need a little Chonda help!!! I'm trying to figure out if I will need to chop off the engine side seat mount but I don't have the engine mount yet. If you use the block as a reference, about how far off does the chain end up? Also with the bearing hanger as reference where is the chain? Ultimately, I guess I'm lookng for the "plane" that the chain sits on to see if my mount can stay or not. It's an old shifter chassis so the mount it bent a little bit but not as much as the newer chassis I've seen. So if I haven't made that as clear as mud TIA for any info.

Bill Choice
The master poster

Post by Bill Choice » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:49 am

Well if you got the burris mount you can slide the engine outboard 1.5 inches. If you got the other one it can slide 2 inches. My rear gear is very close to the inside bearing hanger, maybe .5 inch. My seat mount was already gone so I never had to contend with it, but sliding the engine way over helps. I have both the mounts now and they are both very nice. You can also run the clutch with the gear toward the engine to give you other options. The clutch will work both directions.

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:11 am

That was fun to be a part of, thanks to all the ladies for participating. I think Marcia either has a gift for speed or has been practicing some, Becky looked pretty fast to but the early spin hurt. Sherry had a great time and is looking forward to next time, she isn't quite ready to run with the regular Chonda group but by next year I bet she will want a piece of the action with the guys!