Clutch most preferred?

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Todd Krueger
Clutch most preferred?

Post by Todd Krueger » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:49 pm

What is the preferred clutch in the chonda class? Anything that is tuneable? And does anyone know where to get an aluminum flywheel ?

Thanks!

Ted Dziedzic
The master poster

Re: Clutch most preferred?

Post by Ted Dziedzic » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:20 am

Hi Todd,

The Mongrel clutch from ARC (http://www.arcracing.com)was popular but it is not tunable. Most racers have moved from the Chonda to the Briggs LO206 are using one of the Hilliard clutches. Either the Flame or the fury model. These are tunable via springs and weights. I also recommend you consider the bully conversion for the clutch. This will let you change out the driver sprocket should you want to test different gear combinations without purchasing a new clutch bell assembly. As for the Flywheel, most racers were running the ARC aluminum flywheel. If you are dead set on running a chonda and are looking for parts, you may put up a wanted ad in the classified section. There are probably a lot of chondas sitting on shelves collecting dust since 99% of the active club 4 cycle racers are running the Briggs LO206.

With the above being said, I'll take this opportunity to lobby for you to consider running the Briggs LO206. The majority of 4 cycle racers at the club have transitioned to this motor package and there are very few Chonda Seniors (one or two at most) running at GCKI at this time. If you have any questions on the Briggs LO206 package, please feel to reach out to me and I'll be happy to help.