Chonda Rules package for 2013

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Rick Grace
Chonda Rules package for 2013

Post by Rick Grace » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:15 am

Has a decission been made on the flywheel for the Chonda Class for 2013. Please note that other clubs in our area have rules that do not allow the stock flywheel. I understand this is an entry level class and meant to be cost competitive but if we are going to race anywhere else than Katy, we are going to haver to buy a billet one anyway. We are talking about $100 for a billit aluminum flywheel. Less than half the cost of a set of tires...

Eric Meservey
The master poster

Re: Chonda Rules package for 2013

Post by Eric Meservey » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:05 pm

See the front page for more information from the Membership meeting.

Steel billet (~$59) flywheel only.

Cast stock flywheel, and aluminum flywheels are not allowed this coming year at GCKI races.

This is a departure from AKRA, but meets our safety, as well as financial needs.

Eric

Ted Dziedzic
The master poster

Post by Ted Dziedzic » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:50 am

I'm going to tag on to this thread as I have had no responses from a previous post concerning Cams in hope some one with some experience can clarify which cams are legal.

Is there some place that spells out which cams ( Mfg and Part #) are legal to run in the Chonda class? I ordered a box stock engine and kit from ARC and it came with a BSP-2cam. They say this cam is the same as a CL1 but the centerline is further apart with the intake lobe 3 degrees retarded. Looking through the rules, I'm a bit confused as to whether this cam is legal at GCKI or I need to step back and get something different.

Sorry for the basic questions but I'm a newbie trying to get things in order before jumping in to the water.

Thanks in advanced,
Ted

Rob Brown
The master poster

Post by Rob Brown » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:47 am

That cam should be legal. Lift and duration are the only things spec'ed in the rules as I read them (sans base circle).

from ARC racings page for the cam...

"The BSP-2 Ground Camshaft for GX200/Clones is for the Box Stock class. Meets rule specs. The center-lines of this cam are slightly further apart than the CL-1i cam because the intake lobe has been retarded 3°. This helps top end RPM making this a great cam choice for an unrestricted or blue plate box stock engine. "