Yellow Engine Rules

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Mike D Powell
Yellow Engine Rules

Post by Mike D Powell » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:59 pm

I undestand from the last Drivers meeting that the ARC Yellow engine is now allowed... but which version? (it sounded like the full race prepared engine with choice of cam).

Could someone provide a list of what is now allowed on the Blue or Yellow engine... Assuming it's a new cam, carb, intake adaptor, springs, etc... wouldn't it make more sense to just get the basic Yellow engine and swap the Blue engine bits over? Or is there more to it than that?

Thanks....

Mike D Powell

Re: Yellow Engine Rules

Post by Mike D Powell » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:52 pm

OK... got it... I found the answer on the Home page... thanks

Bill Choice
The master poster

Post by Bill Choice » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:27 pm

One thing before ordering your yellow engine... If you have a top plate for a blue engine, it WON'T bolt right on the yellow. They have different bolt patterns and you may have to mod the top plate to work. I haven't seen the yellows, but I know ARC sells different plates for the blue. You may want to check with ARC about the fit.

Mike D Powell

Post by Mike D Powell » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:04 am

Thanks... I've decided I'm just going to update the old Blue engines for as long as they keep going... carb and springs are pretty reasonable. I already have the CL-1 cams installed and will probably stay with them for the time being to see if there is any real difference, (didn't notice any between the original cams and the CL-1s). It's hard to see what diffenence an air-flowed adaptor will have with a restictor plate installed, but will fit one to the unrestricted engine. This will probably open up a gap between the unresticted and restricted engines, so we'll have to see how that works out.

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Mike D Powell wrote: It's hard to see what diffenence an air-flowed adaptor will have with a restictor plate installed, but will fit one to the unrestricted engine. This will probably open up a gap between the unresticted and restricted engines, so we'll have to see how that works out.
I've done the same with Sherry's engine, bought the new carb, adapter, and springs. I agree with Mike in that the biggest difference will come in the unrestricted engine vs. a restricted. At least it makes the most logical sense to me anyway. The restricted one's might see a small improvement but not what the opens will see. It is a really nice looking piece though. Might need a little tweaking somehow to keep things equal, or it may be a moot point from the get go. We'll see when yellows/blues with new parts hit the track together.