Is a 32mm shifter chassis good for chonda

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Jeb Woods
Is a 32mm shifter chassis good for chonda

Post by Jeb Woods » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi All, I have a birel shifter chassis I want to use for a Chonda, it has a 40mm axle. I guess I need to know just about everthing its gonna take, such as sprocket carriers and the right engine mount to name a few things!
Buying the right things all at once is the goal, so any help would be appreciated..

Thank's

Jeb Woods

Bill Choice
The master poster

Re: Is a 32mm shifter chassis good for chonda

Post by Bill Choice » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:49 pm

A Birel 32 works great for me! I was using a 30 and it was not working since I tend to lean toward the larger size guy. :shock: Anyway, once I got the 32 all was good. I do have a 50mm axle, but there are lots of parts available for 40mm and it should be great for a Chonda. Check out the old threads and use the parts spreadsheet to get started ordering. I would order the engine mount from apskarting.com (see the list) as it has the most adjustability.

Good luck and if you have questions feel free to call.

- Bill

Jeb Woods

Post by Jeb Woods » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:26 am

Bill, thank's for the info, I ordered everything today. I live near a Harbor Freight and they have the engine in stock for 129.00 however the online store has it for 99.00. I going to see if they will meet the online price at the store.
Bill, if I am 200+ will I need a restrictor?

Thank's again

Jeb

Bill Choice
The master poster

Post by Bill Choice » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:37 pm

The karts weigh about 160-170 with a Chonda. So if you are 200 that will put you in the blue plate club unless you wanna add lead to get up to 405 and run unrestricted. I have plates so you can pick one up at my trailer if you need one. Also, look in the car magazines for a 20% off coupon to get that engine for less!

- Bill