Chondas everywhere!

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Eric Sepulveda
The master poster
Chondas everywhere!

Post by Eric Sepulveda » Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Just moved down to south Texas, and trying to get Eric involved in whatever kind of racing they have down here for his age and he test drove a couple of karts they race in the dirt here at Rio Grande Speedway and South Texas Speedway in Corpus. These karts are powered by a Chonda motor i believe. Not sure if its a Chonda but they are purchased at Harbor Freight and are purposed to keep the cost down. Here is a pic. He took to it like a fish to water after a few minutes, so we are going to do this down here and karting up there, he really enjoyed it, the motor just has so much torque compared to his Comer 50 Kid Kart engine and then in the dirt it just everywhere, but he go the hang of it after a few minutes, " turn right to go left" He really enjoys just snapping the kart around with the touch of the throttle.
Eric Sepulveda #18 Kid Kart

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Re: Chondas everywhere!

Post by Brad Johnson » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:49 am

Looks like a Chonda to me. Sure would want to wrap the pipe with something, just out there begging to burn somebody. What's under the big "chain" guard behind the engine, a jackshaft setup?

Eric Sepulveda
The master poster

Re: Chondas everywhere!

Post by Eric Sepulveda » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:00 am

Absolutely on the exhaust issue, it will be wrapped or redesigned. With the arm restraints it kept his arm from reaching it, but like you said it just waiting to get someone as it is in the pic. It was the 1st thing that got my attn. I did not like how the exhaust was setup.
I will be honest with you, I don't know anything about the Chonda yet, I do know it has a Hortsman clutch setup on it. Other than that, I don't know about the jackshaft.
Eric Sepulveda #18 Kid Kart