I want to Race!!!

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Wade P Koehl
I want to Race!!!

Post by Wade P Koehl » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:32 pm

Hey Guys (and gals)

I want to race!!!

I've been reading about karting and looking at options to get into the sport on a budget. Chonda seems the way to go! I've been searching the internet looking for deals on karts, and haven't found much locally!

Does anyone have an old chassis they could make me a deal on? I know I'm definitely going to need some help finding/collecting all the parts and putting this puppy together. I've worked on cars a decent bit, and had a little 3hp fun kart I kept running when I was in elementary school, but I have yet to make it to race karts.

BTW- I'm 6'2, 220, if that matters for kart construction (I've read the 32mm are better for heavier drivers). I'm 25 and recently married! (hence the budget aspect of this endeavor!)

ANY help is appreciated! I'm going to try to make it out to the races this weekend- what day should I come to and what time do the Chonda's run?

Eric Meservey
The master poster

Re: I want to Race!!!

Post by Eric Meservey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:41 am

Those are all questions we have all had.

It would probably be best to come out to a race (SWRC would be perfect) and experience the full effect. I could probably answer all your questions in about a 30 minute conversation at the track, and being able to point to this and that... it's just overall more efficient that way.

My kart number is 15, I run an Intrepid Chassis (Orange/Silver/Red) with a Chonda motor (blue/silver) please come out either Saturday, or Sunday, even if it's just a visit, and we can talk.

Also consider working the course, flagging a corner on one or both days. It does not require prior experience, and will get you a front row seat for the action. This will also indoctrinate you into the process of the race day. Between sessions, I can answer all your questions.

You can contact John Bartos, or Bryan Joplin to sign up to work the event (PM them on the board).

I speak for myself, but any of the Chonda drivers (new and old) can probably answer any questions you have, and make suggestions to get started. We are all friendly, and we were all new at some point. Feel free to drop by on any race day and introduce yourself. The more the merrier!

Eric