Chonda! Why don't you have one?

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Bill Choice
The master poster
Chonda! Why don't you have one?

Post by Bill Choice » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:58 am

Another great turnout for the fastest growing and largest single class of karts at GCKI! We had 12 registered Chonda racers on Sunday where John Bartos once again took top honors with Eric Meservey on his heels. Congrats to Richard Mortensen for his first podium in 3rd! Also, Eric Meservey now has the track record at 50.374 besting Mike Jones's record of 50.375!

The final was really close for the top 5 as they maneuvered around the track in a tight pack for 8 laps until some bozo spun in the hairpin and almost got t-boned by the field. (yes, that was me :oops: ) Thanks to everyone for the quick reflexes and I apologize for messing up your lap time and letting Bartos and Meservey get away! It was a great race and even though I need some practice it was my favorite of the season so far!

Welcome new Chonda drivers Mike Powell, Kevin Turner, and Austin Eldridge, son of Carl Eldridge. This makes 4 father/son combos racing Chondas at GCKI. How cool is that? We have new Chondas at the track every race day, but need to get them all out at the same time...maybe SWRC?

Next up is the SWRC (May 1-2) and we look forward to competing against Chonda racers from Norman and Denton. Don't let the sound of regional racing keep you from competing. This is our track and we need to represent, so everyone be there for what will be some great racing! We race on Sat and Sun and open practice is 11-6 on Fri. See the SWRC website for easy preregistration that saves you $30!

- Bill

Eric Meservey
The master poster

Re: Chonda! Why don't you have one?

Post by Eric Meservey » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:27 am

Yep, another GREAT event. It was great fun pushing John all the way to the finish. I did all I could, short of spinning him. I just didn't have the margin to get around in the laps I had available. I'm sure it was an exciting race to watch, it's was definitely VERY exciting to drive!

I had great fun helping the newbie Chonda drivers improve their rides. If you need any help, please just ask. I think I was able to help a couple of the new guys pretty significantly.

Eric

Mike Hewitt
The master poster

Post by Mike Hewitt » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:17 pm

Bill,

Where is the link to the XL file you mentioned that shows the inventory of the parts needed to convert the engine.

Thanks,

Mike

Bill Choice
The master poster

Post by Bill Choice » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:56 pm

Here is the link to the class rules. The spreadsheet with the parts to order is on the last page. You can get everything from arcracing.com, but you will have to call in your order to get the g-man motor mount as it is not on the website. Let me know if you have questions...

http://www.racekarts.com/images/stories ... _rules.pdf