Chonda Port Matching

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Mike Powell
Chonda Port Matching

Post by Mike Powell » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Had a blast on the new Chonda last Sunday and ran all morning wihout a hitch, and burnt about a gallon of gas!

When I built the engine, I matched the exhaust pipe flange to the exh port on the engine, (huge difference in size and shape). However, going through some of the earlier posts, there is mention of matching the intake port... is this allowed under the current rules?

I don't know how fast it is, but I'm looking forward to getting in the fray next week... and fnding out!

Eric Meservey
The master poster

Re: Chonda Port Matching

Post by Eric Meservey » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:43 am

Make sure the intake gasket does not intrude the intake path (by positioning it properly, and installed in the right order, and right side up.) Absolutely no modifications are allowed to the cylinder head on either the intake or exhaust side.

You may port/machine/modify the HEADER side of the exhaust (the header itself) to your hearts content. You may also modify the gasket as needed, but there is to be NO modification to any portion of the motor, the head, the exhaust, or intake ports.

The jets have limits, and the emulsion tube must be stock. Also the black plastic carburetor insulator must be stock with no modifications of any kind. The restrictor, if used, must be installed closest to the motor with gaskets on both sides. (cylinder head, gasket, restrictor, gasket, black insulator, gasket, carb)

Mike Powell

Post by Mike Powell » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:10 pm

Thanks Eric... that's kinda what I thought....

Eric Meservey
The master poster

Post by Eric Meservey » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:54 am

Eric Meservey wrote: The jets have limits, and the emulsion tube must be stock. Also the black plastic carburetor insulator must be stock with no modifications of any kind. The restrictor, if used, must be installed closest to the motor with gaskets on both sides. (cylinder head, gasket, restrictor, gasket, black insulator, gasket, carb)
I was wrong on this order. It should have read:

The restrictor, if used, must be installed closest to the carb with gaskets on both sides. (cylinder head, gasket, black insulator, gasket, restrictor, gasket, carb)