Chonda racers have more fun!

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Bill Choice
The master poster
Chonda racers have more fun!

Post by Bill Choice » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Another good turn out even though it was cold and WINDY! Bartos took top honors with Meservey in lock step behind him. Eric, you need to be more aggressive like Will! Wait, that didn't work out to well for Will, me, or anyone else. Actually I guess it was my driver error that caused the entire pile up in the Pre-Final. Sorry, but if it's any consolation I'm suffering today. It was my first time to be run over and the Aleve is just not working!

Welcome to our new racers Sherry Johnson, Kyle Anderson, and father/son Tim and Zach Zeller. We had 10 Chondas on Sunday and 4 were new to the pack. Lets get all those Chondas on the track at the same time and put on a show!

- Bill

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Re: Chonda racers have more fun!

Post by Brad Johnson » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:45 pm

Thanks to everybody for not beating up my wife too bad. :) I think she had fun so maybe she will be back. Not sure where the speed went from the previous practice day but we'll look for it somewhere. Marcia sounded like she might be game when it gets warmer. I should have hit John or Scott up for a ride in their extra Chondas since I couldn't race my shifter. Little arrive and drive program??? :wink: I doubt I could fit in the seat in Scott's, never looked at John's (or Marcia's) so might not have worked either. Oh well, maybe I should go on the search for a suitable chassis and build my own. :)

Eric Meservey
The master poster

Re: Chonda racers have more fun!

Post by Eric Meservey » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Soooo much fun!!

More aggressive huh? I guess you didn't see the rolled black I got in the pre-final for popping John in the hairpin. Twas an honest mistake of me VERY closely shadowing, and a hiccup by John that got us together.

In the final I was looking and pushing and digging the entire time. I was able to nose ahead sometimes at 3-4 different parts of the track. John's rear bumper should be good and shiny with all the heat I was putting to it. I just could not close the deal despite being faster in some sections.

More practice, and more tuning. Great job holding off the heat John!

E