Free KK tech lesson this weekend

Kid Karter Topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Brian Traw
The master poster
Free KK tech lesson this weekend

Post by Brian Traw » Thu May 01, 2008 7:43 pm

If you are racing at the club race or SWRC race and have doubts, I will have a quick How To lesson on tech for those who don't know.......It will include timing, cc's, exhaust, intake, carb, and pistons/rings. I hate to see someone who has never cleaned the carbon off their head or piston and not cc. This will not only dissappoint your kid karter, but you also!!! I also will go over the rules of the SWRC since I expect EVERY KK from GCKI to race. The little rules will sometimes sneak up and bite us on race days of big events(tires, bumber bars,SNELL rated helmets, shoes, gloves,and so on........) I hope to see a 10 kart plus field this weekend.

Brian

Bartos- I have elected you to help!!!!!!!!! :lol:

John Bartos
The master poster

Post by John Bartos » Fri May 02, 2008 8:59 pm

Good post, nice gesture.

I will be most glad to help. I'll have my dial indicator, my calipers and my burette with me Saturday.

The GCKI board is going out of its way to make Katy the best kid kart event (and all other classes too) on the SWRC schedule. Let's have all of our great competitors come out and show how its done!

Bob Newhouse
Rookie Poster

KK Tech and Race

Post by Bob Newhouse » Sat May 10, 2008 9:59 am

BT and JB,
Sorry we missed the how-to on tech. I was at TWS with my car last weekend.

We will miss the next two races due to other conflicts. Hope to be out there for the June 8 race.

I'd be glad for a tech lesson then--especially the magic cc'ing! Although, since I did file all the carbon off of the piston, I don't think I'll have that problem... :x

I'll call you about the bumper bar.

Bob
Bob Newhouse
son "GT" Thomas Micro Max #01