Wanted: older kart and KT 100

Post what you want to buy or trade.

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

K.J. Kreiter
Loud Mouth Poster
Wanted: older kart and KT 100

Post by K.J. Kreiter » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm looking to get into karting this season. I would like to purchase an older kart and KT 100 motor. I will also need spare tires, a starter, a kart stand, racing suit, and other necessary items related to racing a Yamaha. A package deal would be great, but I'll take what I can get at this point. I would like a 32 mm frame and 50mm axle if possible. A large seat would be nice. If you have some or all of the items I need, please reply as soon as possible. I am also soliciting help from club members on how to get started in karting. Any advice and guidance is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
KJ

K.J. Kreiter
Loud Mouth Poster

Still looking...

Post by K.J. Kreiter » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:28 pm

Hello All,
I'm still in the market for a used chassis and KT 100 combo. I also need a starter, stand, spare parts, etc. I would prefer something already set up for Yamaha Lite/Heavy. Since I'm so new to the sport, I am looking for safety gear, too. I have a helmet, but need everything else. If anyone has anything that could help, please PM me. I will be at the track this Sunday to see about a membership and would enjoy meeting anyone interested in selling the items mentioned above. Thanks,
KJ

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:07 pm

K.J.,

How tall etc. are you? I have at least one old suit laying around. It does have my last name on the front, but I think a knife and some thread plucking will take care of that. I'm about 6'1, 210ish and it's a little bit short and tight so if you are smaller it might a fit.

Brad

david mckee
The master poster

Re: Wanted: older kart and KT 100

Post by david mckee » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:02 pm

I have an old KT 100 and starters if your interested, and a way older emmick Kart, David 713-823-9712
David McKee

K.J. Kreiter
Loud Mouth Poster

Post by K.J. Kreiter » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:30 pm

Hello All,
I have purchased an older Birel frame but still need wheels and a motor. I am hoping to get it put together in the next few weeks. I do have several leads on motors, mainly looking for wheels now. Also, I am still in need of a 55 carb, a 4-hole can muffler, and small rear wheels for my daughters Jr. Sportsman kart. It is also an older Birel.
The other need I have is to purchase an additional used kart for my brother. I am looking for a 2000 or newer Margay, CRG, or Birel with a Yamaha KT 100. I would prefer a kart already setup for Yamaha Heavy if possible, but would appreciate any and all offers on complete, full-sized, race-ready karts. I am new to karting and would like to start out with the Yamaha package, dry clutch, and L-2 pipe. I would definitely prefer to purchase all items from my fellow GCKI members before Ebay or Craigslist. If anyone has a Yamaha kart taking up room and collecting dust in the garage or storage unit, I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss working out a mutually beneficial transaction. Thanks!
KJ

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:35 am

K.J.,

I know you wanted to keep it local but check out the Denton page, http://www.ntkarters.com. There was a recent ad posted about a Margay with a Yamaha, might be of interest. Would take some planning on pick up but maybe worth a look.

Brad

K.J. Kreiter
Loud Mouth Poster

Post by K.J. Kreiter » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:13 pm

Thanks Brad, going there now to see what they have. I appreciate the lead!

K.J. Kreiter
Loud Mouth Poster

Post by K.J. Kreiter » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:38 pm

OK, I think I'm good to go now. I bought the '08 Margay/KT100 kart from Mark and Amy Welch in Dallas. I'm going on Friday to pick it up. They threw in some extras and sweetened the deal even more! They have a two-kart trailer for me as well. If anyone needs anything brought back from Denton let me know. I'll be driving up early Friday and coming back late that eve. I am still looking for a small carb and extra wheels for my Birel Jr. Sportsman, if anyone can help. Also, I'm looking for an L&T wet clutch for the Margay. Thanks!
KJ