ROTAX FUEL SPECIFICATIONS

Questions and comments re engines, kart setup, gearing and related topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Mike Hewitt
The master poster
ROTAX FUEL SPECIFICATIONS

Post by Mike Hewitt » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Rick,

In our rules for the Rotax Micromax it states that the rules are derived from the 2009 RMAX Challenge. I was reviewing the fuel spec on the RMAX challenge web site and it states:

"98-octane (anti-knock index) maximum, commercial, unleaded gasoline in mixture between 33:1 and 50:1 with high quality synthetic two cycle oil. "

This rule has changed recently for RMAX and I feel this is due to the economical conditions. I think this is a great thing and that we should consider this for all classes. As expensive as this hobby is not having to pay $12/gal for fuel would really help.

Thanks,

Mike

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Re: ROTAX FUEL SPECIFICATIONS

Post by Brad Johnson » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:57 pm

By "commercial" do they mean pump gas? Or is the octane being lowered to 98 so that VP MS98 would be the spec. I guess the easier question would be, is this a Rotax only change?

Brian Traw
The master poster

Re: ROTAX FUEL SPECIFICATIONS

Post by Brian Traw » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:39 pm

Mike,
You really need to concentrate on your driver :D I will buy your 110 gallons of VP in your garage if we change the rules. Also I belief the FLASH POINT of pump gas is much higher than VP spec fuel. You have a very valid point though, I'm having a hard enough time buying fuel to make it to the races. I did hear that the government will be making us change to electric karts within 3 years anyways.

Brian Traw
Co-Founder of BAMM Motorsports :idea: