Tech Information

Questions and comments re engines, kart setup, gearing and related topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Rick Miller
The master poster
Tech Information

Post by Rick Miller » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:42 am

Fellow Racers, I want to thank everyone for their patience when tech inspections are performed at the track. I realise it does take some extra time to go over karts at the end of the day. The last race many people were asking where they could locate the WKA Technical Manual, You can go to the WKA home web site and sign up for your membership, you will then recieve a WKA patch, WKA magazine and the Tech manual. This particular manual does NOT cover all the classes at Katy but does cover Yamaha, HPV, Comer C50/C51, K-80. If you are competing in TAG, (TAG USA) there is downloadable information from their website as well. Keep in mind that GCKI is NOT affiliated with any of these organizations but use portions of their rules as guidelines for our club.

In addition, we have mentioned previously at the drivers meetings of particular infractions that must be addressed as these infractions can result in a penalty or a DQ.
1. Weights must be painted white and must be fastened to the kart frame or seat (not floor pan) with double nuts and or safety wire. Even though NY LOCK nuts may be used they must also be double nutted or safety wired.
2. Transponders, must be located and secured BEHIND the drivers seat, no exceptions.
3. Air boxes/filters must be of approved style and size as per GCKI rules.
4. Bridgestone YHC tires only for ALL classes with the exception of Rotax (Mojo)
5. All classes must run their specific type of RACE FUEL only, no pump gas.

The intention of tech at GCKI is to ensure fairness and equality across all classes of karts. Tech will always vary from race to race. My intention is to help everyone who races at GCKI to be familiar with the rules. My goal is to get everyone on a level playing field on club level so that those who are going to participate in the upcoming SWRC events will have a better understanding of what is required of owners/parents and drivers.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and if you have any questions you can post them here of IM me. SIncerely, Rick Miller

Brian Warwas
The master poster

Re: Tech Information

Post by Brian Warwas » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks for the info Rick.
I am a member of the DQ'd list from Saturday and I still appreciate all you do for the club. :D
We'll be back! With a washer this time :)

See you at the next race.

Rick Miller
The master poster

Post by Rick Miller » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:38 pm

Thanks Brian, Was I there Saturday?? :D Despite the end result on Sunday, I sincerely appreciate your professionalism and understanding of the events that took place. You were very curtious and I thank you. You set an example of how drivers/owners/ parent should participate in our sport, Again, thank you Brian. Sincerely ,Rick

Scott Boone
The master poster

Post by Scott Boone » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:54 pm

Good stuff Brian and Rick.
I cant tell you how important it is to have good tech at our track. I really appreciate what you and Adam are doing to make GCKI a premier kart racing club.

Rick Miller
The master poster

Post by Rick Miller » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:50 pm

Thanks Scott, We both appreciate it. Things are going well, great turnouts, great racing. Rick