MyChron4 issues, any ideas

Questions and comments re engines, kart setup, gearing and related topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Stephen Seiler
MyChron4 issues, any ideas

Post by Stephen Seiler » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:15 pm

Recently bought a used Mychron4 with the GPS module.
In the manual, it says the "lap type" menu allows you to toggle between the optical sensor and the GPS.
My problem is that the Mychron I have does not even show the "lap type" option on the menu. It is not recognizing either the gps or the optical sensor.

Troubleshooting section in the manual doesn't mention this, and a Google search turned out nothing.

Any ideas, or someone have a similar issue?

Patrick Roth
The master poster

Re: MyChron4 issues, any ideas

Post by Patrick Roth » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:33 am

I'm not sure it's necessary to toggle between the two if you switch them out as I've had several Mychron4's and each one of them automatically recognized the type of sensor being used.

I believe you can verify which sensor the system is recognizing by going to Menu->Control Panel->Split Setup, and somewhere on the screen it should state what type of sensor is being used. Once again, I don't recall being able to "toggle" between the two...

In the event you weren't able to find this, here is a link to the GPS instructions on how to set it up. If for some reason you can't figure out how to see which sensor it recognizes you should be able to plug in the GPS and hold the ON/View button which should show you if the GPS is working or not.

http://www.aimsports.com/software/beta/ ... 00_eng.pdf

If all else fails, give AiM a call. They are extremely helpful and stand behind their product. I've sent older items back to them and in many cases were repaired for the cost of shipping.

Robert Schneider
Loud Mouth Poster

Post by Robert Schneider » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:19 pm

I had the same thing happen with my MyChron and GPS sensor. I had to update the software on the mychron to the latest revision and then the gps sensor was recognized as the instructions describe. The latest revision will be on the AIM website. Hope this clears up your problem.

Ted Dziedzic
The master poster

Post by Ted Dziedzic » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:02 pm

Ditto on what Rob says. I too purchased a used MyChron 4 and had the same issues you described after I connected the GPS module. Performed the firmware update and problems were solved.