Winter Blast

General Karting Discussions related to GCKI

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Teddy Gonzalez
Re: Winter Blast

Post by Teddy Gonzalez » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:04 pm

Sorry, I'll be beaching in Miami!!
looking forward to the start of the season...

Marcia Bartos
The master poster

Post by Marcia Bartos » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:22 pm

We will miss you! Don't tell anyone, but I think I'd much rather be in Miami as well! 8)
Marcia
"HA HA, you've just been passed by a GIRl!"

David Herbeck

Post by David Herbeck » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:06 pm

I will be there. What happened with MSR? Hope nothing bad.

David Young
The master poster

Post by David Young » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:33 am

David,

Here's the press release on ekarting news...

http://www.ekartingnews.com/news_info.p ... 5c35c1a869

Looking forward to the Blast. It'll be a good time to shake out all the new equipment Santa has brought... :D

Scott Boone
The master poster

Post by Scott Boone » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:21 am

Great news...... We have been given the green light to host our 2nd annual Winter Blast Race Sunday Jan 3rd 2010. The EMT will be on site, Dario Baston has agreed to be our race director, and Rick Miller will manage tech. We are also fortunate to have Marcia and John Bartos, Becky and Bill Choice pull the loose ends together so we can have a day to play at the track. We are short on corner workers so please reply to this post if you are willing to volunteer for one of these positions. We will be following 2009 rules. If you are new to racing and want to have your kart teched prior to the 2010 season, this will be a good opportunity to come out and have some knowledgeable eyes check things out.

The Sunday race is open to members and non members. The member entry fee is $50 and the non member entry fee is $85 per class entered. Practice will start early Sunday, our drivers meeting will start at noon and qualifying will begin soon afterward. Please be aware that you must be a member to use our track on NON race days i.e. Saturday. We should have plenty of practice time on Sunday but if you feel like you need more practice please become a member first. Lets have a great day of racing.....see you there!

brian allen
The master poster

Post by brian allen » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:49 am

hey Scott,
is Garrett going to be there.

Scott Boone
The master poster

Post by Scott Boone » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:54 pm

Garrett will be racing. I am preparing both ICCs for the race. Who knows...I may drive the second one!

David Herbeck

Post by David Herbeck » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:26 pm

Do we know yet what tires we will run in 2010? Just like to start getting familiar with them.

David Young
The master poster

Post by David Young » Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:23 pm

Being a Winter Blast, how about changing the program a bit to allow more racing/passing opportunities? Suggestion: For the Blast do away with Qualifying. Instead grid Heat 1 by random draw for starting positions, reversing the grid for Heat 2. The Final would be grid based on points earned in Heats 1 & 2. Any class with 4 or more karts runs by themselves. Any class with 3 or less karts to be combined with another class. Kid Karts run as normal and are excluded from the above suggestion. Just a thought to add more racing action to a Winter Blast.

See ya Sunday.

Marcia Bartos
The master poster

Post by Marcia Bartos » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:20 am

I have a corner worker... Austin has agreed to come and work.
Marcia

Scott Boone
The master poster

Post by Scott Boone » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:13 am

Adam has volunteered as a flagman and Hanna to work in the office or grid.

Marcia Bartos
The master poster

Post by Marcia Bartos » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:40 am

Michael will be doing timing and scoring and David Young has offered workers for concessions as well as a corner worker. Looks like we will have enough workers for a race! :)
Marcia

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:16 am

Looks like there was a good turn out by mylaps. My wife and I were planning on it but it was my turn for this nasty cold/flu/whatever it is that is floating around to land on me. Hard to take a deep a breath without coughing, nevermind pounding around the track.

*By the way, did I really see Bryan Joplin in the shifter category? Wouldn't have wagered that I'd see that change. How do you like it Bryan?

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:50 am

I decided to buy the shifter to keep up with the "Jone's", that is the Paul Jone's. The shifter is great and easier to drive than I thought it would be. (not that I was that fast). I ran some 42+ second laps in practice (not bad for me), but had some minor difficulty in the race. Obviously it is an entirely different platform with lots to learn about the engine, handling and setup. I am not sure which I will race this season, probably TAG maybe both????

Bryan

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Well, whatever the motivation, welcome to banging gears. There is a learning curve as with anything but shouldn't be overwhelming, I think I'm still in the curve somewhere even after the years I've been doing it. I noticed it listed in Masters, what engine package?