Introduction for Ryan Scott

General Karting Discussions related to GCKI

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Ryan Scott
Rookie Poster
Introduction for Ryan Scott

Post by Ryan Scott » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Hey everyone! My name is Ryan Scott. I am 15 years old, and i have come to this forum for many reasons.
1. I want to get into Kart Racing and need some tips and help on getting started.
2. To find a good community of racers in the Houston area that i can hopefully become acquainted with so i can have some race buddies.
3. Just to find out info on some tracks and places to race and practice.

I recently have been training at a indoor kart place with Indy 500 racer Willy T. Ribbs and Professional Go -Kart racer, Drew Neubauer. I dont have my own kart, but am probably looking for a good shifter or TAG kart to get me started. Im probably going with a TAG as my first.I need some recommendations on where or who to buy some used or new karts. But i would love to hear some feedback from everyone! :)

Thanks!
~Ryan

Patrick Roth
The master poster

Re: Introduction for Ryan Scott

Post by Patrick Roth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:38 am

Ryan,

Welcome! Is it safe to assume you are in the Houston area?

There are so many variables and nuances with getting started with karting my suggestion would be to come out to the track this coming Sunday (September 8th) to watch the races and meet some karters. I run the #26T in TaG Masters and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

In my opinion Chonda is a great place to start due to its relatively low cost.

Best Regards,
Patrick

Ryan Scott
Rookie Poster

Re: Introduction for Ryan Scott

Post by Ryan Scott » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:52 am

Patrick Roth wrote:Ryan,

Welcome! Is it safe to assume you are in the Houston area?

There are so many variables and nuances with getting started with karting my suggestion would be to come out to the track this coming Sunday (September 8th) to watch the races and meet some karters. I run the #26T in TaG Masters and would be happy to answer any questions you may have.

In my opinion Chonda is a great place to start due to its relatively low cost.

Best Regards,
Patrick
Thanks Patrick! Yes im from the Houston Area. Im from Clear Lake. I will probably be able to make it out. Thanks for the advice!