Texas ProKart Challenge Series Info

General Karting Discussions related to GCKI

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Admin
Site Admin
Texas ProKart Challenge Series Info

Post by Admin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:57 am

Gulf Coast Kartway, Grandsport Speedway and North Texas Kartway have partnered with SuperKarts! USA and Rotax to bring you professionally run, competitive regional racing to Texas in 2012.

The 2012 race season will consist of 6 races over three event weekends with racing on both Saturday and Sunday. Each track will be open for Friday Practice providing you with a full weekend of racing and plenty of track time.

Rounds 1 & 2 - May 4-6 Gulf Coast Kartway, Katy, TX
Rounds 3 & 4 - June 1-3 Grandsport Speedway, Hitchcock, TX
Rounds 5 & 6 - June 29- July 1 North Texas Kartway, Denton, TX

Texas Prokart Challenge Staff
Dirk Korte has accepted the position as the series' Race Director. Dirk has served multiple terms as an NTK board member. The series will benefit from Dirk's many years experience as a race director and competitor at the club, regional and national level. Combined with additional training on SKUSA race day procedures the series will be sure to run smoothly under his efficient direction. Rick Miller formerly the Southwest Regional Cup Series technical director and current technical inspector at Gulf Coast Karters club and Rotax national events will be the series Tech Director.

Series Prizes
All of the regional point champions in the SKUSA categories will be provided with a guaranteed starting spot in the main event on SuperSunday at the SuperNationals.
Racers who take part in the full Texas ProKart Challenge will be offered an exclusive opportunity to enter the event before registration is opened to the public.
A portion of your entry fee will go into a points fund and the SKUSA class champions will win paid entries to the SKUSA Supernationals XVI in Las Vegas, NV and the Rotax class champions will win paid entries to the Rotax Grand Nationals (classes must have minimum entry count to qualify).

Membership Requirements
Texas ProKart Challenge is a member of the SKUSA ProKart Challenge series and SKUSA membership is required for all SKUSA classes. You can join SKUSA online or download the membership application and mail or fax it in. The series is also a Burger King Challenge Series, an offical Rotax Challenge Series. All Rotax drivers must have a Rotax license and Rotax engine passport. Download your Rotax Membership Application and email or fax it in. Be sure to indicate BK Rmax as your Home series. Local option classes will not be required to purchase SKUSA membership.

SKUSA Classes - Mandatory Reserved Kart Numbers
SKUSA has a mandatory number panel requirement that is a tech item. Each class has a designated number color and background color. Be sure to apply for your SKUSA membership as soon as possible so you can reserve your kart number in order to be able to order your custom number graphic. Texas ProKart Challenge is arranging for a local graphics company to supply us with our number graphics, more information will be sent out soon. The letter designation for Texas ProKart Challenge Series is "T".

Tire Requirements
SKUSA classes will use the MG White ‘SKUSA’ tire, allowing competitors to race throughout the year on the same tires they will be racing on at the SuperNationals in November. SKUSA rules require new tires on Saturday, which must be purchased from Texas ProKart Challenge Series SKUSA spec wet tire is MG-WT. New tires on Sunday are optional. The Burger King RMax Challenge classes will compete on Mojo tires, new tires are required on Saturday. You may purchase your Mojos from any dealer or you can purchase them online with your online registration. Tires ordered online will be delivered at the track. We recommend you purchase a set of rain tires at the beginning of the season in case you need them, supply will be limited at the track.

Series Discounts
In an effort to make your 2012 race season more affordable the Texas Prokart Challenge Series is offering some discounts:

Series Loyalty Package - If you pre-register and pay for all the events in advance you get the last (6th) race entry free - that's a 17% savings! With the discount each race entry is only $66 and that includes the driver pass!
Race Entry $80 - And that includes the driver pass!
2nd Class Entries $50 - So go ahead and enter in a 2nd class & see if you can win a paid entry to both the SKUSA Supernationals in Vegas and the US Rotax Grand Nationals in South Bend, IN!
3 Day Pit Passes $15 - Bring your family, invite your friends! One day $10 pit passes will be sold at the track.

Attention TaG Cadet Racers!
The Texas ProKart Challenge series will supply Vortex Mini Rok 60 engines at no charge to any cadet racers that wish to race in the TaG Cadet class that do not own a Vortex Mini Rok engine. Racers must pre-pregister to reserve an engine. Series Loyalty Members will have priority on reserved engines. There will be approximately 6 available so pre-register & reserve your engine now! (A nominal accessory fee will be charged (for air filter, etc...) more details to follow.

Local Option Classes

Any racers that organize a class of 5 or more karts can participate in the series. Racers must pre-register in order for class to be scheduled and awards to be ordered. Class needs a minimum of 5 entries to be scheduled. New SKUSA stamped tires are required for Saturday only. Local option classes will not be required to purchase SKUSA membership.

Online Registration
Online registration is now open on the website for the series opening event at Gulf Coast Kartway May 4-6 on the TexasProKart Challenge website and you can also register online through the Texas ProKart Challenge Series Facebook page.

Website and Facebook
More information will be posted regularly on the Texas ProKart Challenge website and Facebook page and the main SKUSA website. Be sure to visit the Texas Prokart Challenge series Facebook page, "Like" it and recommend it to your friends.
http://www.texasprokartchallenge.com
http://www.superkartsusa.com

Patrick Roth
The master poster

Re: Texas ProKart Challenge Series Info

Post by Patrick Roth » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:34 am

Outside of the tire and number plates rules I noticed the following tidbit:

10.3.2.1. Driver: All members competing in SKUSA events shall maintain a clean, neat appearance. Driver wear shall be clean for each event. Official SKUSA patches shall be displayed on the upper half of the front of their driving suits at all events. Series sponsor patches shall be displayed as directed.

Not a big deal, just need to remember to get my patch sewed on. :)

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:31 pm

SKUSA didn't even enforce that one at the last SNats I went to.

Bill Choice
The master poster

Post by Bill Choice » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:17 pm

This will clearly be a problem for Scott Boone!

Mark Reid
The master poster

Post by Mark Reid » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:15 am

Poor Scott! Are we going to have to send him through a car wash with his karts? :-)
Mark Reid

Jean Michel Gaston
The master poster

Post by Jean Michel Gaston » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:33 am

Hi all, just got my package from SKUSA with the patch and some stickers. Does the patch need to be on any specific side of the suit, or just visible in the upper torso area? Do I have to place the skiers on the kart, if so anywhere in particular?

I also received my SKUSA required number plates from Axcel Fast Graphics (I had ordered them before the deal with Margison was announced). The side pod and rear bumper plates are a little smaller than the yellow background on my stock bodywork graphics. If i place the plates on my kart as is, there will be a yellow rim frame around the white plates. Is this allowed? I know it sounds like a really stupid question, but I don't want to show up and be told I cannot race because this doesn't confirm to the rules, but I also don't want to ruin my stock graphics either by cutting out the yellow background.

Mark Reid
The master poster

Post by Mark Reid » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 am

I had my patch sewed onto the front upper right. SKUSA seeks to promote a professional race both in operations and image. However, small issues like the fit of the of the number plates or placement of the the suit patch and decals will not be a factor in whether or not you are permitted to race in the series. I would pay close attention to tech requirements and other rules though. I appreciate you asking the questions in advance.
Mark Reid

Jean Michel Gaston
The master poster

Post by Jean Michel Gaston » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 am

Thanks Mark. One more qiuck one for you. Axcel sent me 6 sitickers (the large front number plate, 3 medium sized ones for side pods and bumper, and two smaller ones (maybe 4" x 3"). Are the small ones required for the kart?

Mark Reid
The master poster

Post by Mark Reid » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:05 am

Not sure what the smaller ones are for. You only need front, rear and side. Bring them to the race and we'll figure it out.
Mark Reid

Patrick Roth
The master poster

Post by Patrick Roth » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:53 am

I received the same set from Axcel. The smaller stickers are for putting on your face shield... if you don't have enough to cover your entire face shield than let me know and you can have some of mine... :P

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:17 am

I've seen the smaller ones on fuel tanks, possibly for Parc Ferme situations where the tank must be turned in? Strictly a guess though.

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:35 am

For those with a little cash handy for tires.

http://ekartingnews.com/viewtopic.php?t=113692

Brian Warwas
The master poster

Post by Brian Warwas » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:33 pm

Is there a single day entry?
I believe a ball tournament might keep us from racing Saturday :(
MiniMax #48

Jean Michel Gaston
The master poster

Post by Jean Michel Gaston » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Patrick Roth wrote:I received the same set from Axcel. The smaller stickers are for putting on your face shield... if you don't have enough to cover your entire face shield than let me know and you can have some of mine... :P
You're a funny man Patrick. I seem to remember you beating me by 20 seconds at the last race. I'll save my stickers for your face shield.
:lol:

Patrick Roth
The master poster

Post by Patrick Roth » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:26 am

Brian Warwas wrote:Is there a single day entry?
I believe a ball tournament might keep us from racing Saturday :(
I'm signed up for both days; however, while I was registering I do remember having the option to register for either day.