Thursday-Track Work Days

General Karting Discussions related to GCKI

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster
Thursday-Track Work Days

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:36 pm

We inched forward today in our efforts to complete work by Friday. Volunteer workers today included:

1. Joe Bauhs
2. The Young family, including Dave, Maylen and Andretta
3. Paul Jones
4. Bill Choice
5. Joel Yeltin

Maylen took on cleaning the club restrooms. (I hope she is hazardous area certified). Dave and Andretta started securing the landscapers cloth under the new barrier system and Maylen joined them. Joel is almost single handidly constructing the new flagging stand. This evening he set the platform in place. I turned my back and when I looked again, there it was 7ft above the ground on the pipe supports. I still can't figure how he did it alone. Joe and I did a little tree trimming and then with Bill and Paul started installing the front fence.

At the current pace, we will not complete tomorrow. We will need to continue our efforts on Saturday. So, unless there is an incredible turnout tommorrow, look to Saturday as an official Club Work Day (the track will be closed). We understand that it may be next to impossible for all you desk jockeys to work evenings. Now will be your opportunity on Saturday to join in the effort to complete the Katy "Facelift". Come join your karting members and competitors to get the track back in operation. Friday work will include:

1. Finish striping the track curbing
2. Finish securing the landscapers cloth
3. Various painting including the flag stand and parking lot barrier posts at the wellhead
4. Continue fence installation and flag poles
5. Pickup after Joe's tree trimming

It would be nice to do more weed clearing and a general track cleanup. Time permitting and availability of volunteers will determine if we can complete this work.

Bryan and Jan