Workday Alert

General Karting Discussions related to GCKI

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster
Workday Alert

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:31 am

We currently have on order a new professional barrier system, a track upgrade for safety. This attractive purpose built system comes in 3 foot linked segments and will replace tires along the straight and Dunlap corner. Installation will require us to remove tires in these areas, lay down plastic sheeting for a weed barrier and install the plastic barriers. The surplus tires will be used to stabilize the foam barriers at the North end of the straight.

In addition to the new barrier system, we have on order a white vinyl 3 rail ranch style fence, to be installed across the front of the property. This new fence system will be located closer to the street to capture additional parking. Incorporated in the fence, we will install 4 flag poles, where we can fly a GCKI Flag and checkered flags to draw attention to our first class facility. This work will require removal of the current barbed wire fence, mowing and cleaning of the area before installation.

Our gate donated by Traw Machine needs to be cleaned and repainted. We also need to install a new barrier post (damaged at the SWRC race) next to the center electrical panel.

This work needs to be completed before the SWRC race, which begins set up on August 11. These orders required substantial lead time with anticipated delivery during the first 2 weeks of July. It will also take me several days to move the materials from the point of delivery to the track. Optimistically, we could be ready to install by the weekend of July 16, but probably will look to either the 23rd, 30th or August 6.

I could hire a crew and supervise this work myself. The cost is projected to be at least $1500 plus my time, materials and equipment. The officers would prefer to save this expense and use these membership funds for maintenance and material upgrades. However, these projects are too large for the “five regulars”. We had a great workday and turnout last year, and if we can do this again, these projects are within our capability.

Get involved. Please start volunteering now to participate in these projects and indicate the dates of availability. Watch the forum to see who is available to work and I will keep everyone advised on progress in staging the materials for installation. If we do not receive enough volunteers, I will contract the work.

Thank you for help and participation.
Bryan

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Re: Workday Alert

Post by Brad Johnson » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:05 pm

Bryan,

I believe I can be available for the 1st and 3rd dates you posted. Maybe the 2nd, depends on a roadracing date.

Brad