Workday Thank you and Mowing Opportunity

General Karting Discussions related to GCKI

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster
Workday Thank you and Mowing Opportunity

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:15 am

First, on behalf of the track committee, I want to thank all those who attended the last workday. It had to be the most productive, and well attended, since I became a member. The improvements we are making will make Katy a standout in the region and can only help attract more members.

We have a small decision to make regarding mowing. As it turned out, quite a bit of equipment showed up on Saturday, and the mowing job was well handled. We are starting the growing season, and before the end, will need to mow the track between 10 and 14 times. Last year’s cost was $350 per mowing, so I anticipate no less than $3500 and up to $5,000 to get the work done. Our next mowing will be before the SWRC race May 1.

Is there anyone willing to head a committee in charge of mowing. This person’s sole responsibility would be to determine when mowing was required and organize members to get the job done. If member mowing cannot be done, then a call to the paid mower would be made. Ideally this person would have their own mowing capability. Further, the Club would reimburse expenses such as travel and fuel.

It would be nice to put this possible savings towards debt reduction, or further track enhancement. Please let me know, if someone is interested in this responsibility. If not, I will call the paid mower next week to get on his schedule before SWRC.
Bryan