new to karting

Kid Karter Topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Brian Real
new to karting

Post by Brian Real » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:54 am

Hello all, I am new to this forum and was reading a bit on posts mostly related to kid karts.

I go out to Rio Bravo or 3 palms mx to ride in my dirt bike every weekend, my son who is about to be 6 next month asked me for a little bike like some of the other kids he sees there sometimes... so after discussing with my wife we thought karting may be a better way to get started into motor sports, a bit like when I was his age.

I tried to take him to K1 for him to at least try out a kart but he is almost 2 inches too short and they would not allow it, and that was the "shortest/youngest" i found, he is a bit under 46 inches tall.

I am willing to buy a kart for him but I am hopeful to make sure he is not too scared of it prior to making the investment, does anyone know of a good place to do this test? where I can pay for 1 or 2 races and see his reaction? if he shows interested ill probably end up buying one for each one of us to go out on weekends or find a way to mix it with my dirt bike fun.

if anyone has any feedback that will allow me to see his interest prior to buying all needed equipment please let me know! thanks.

Eric Sepulveda
The master poster

Re: new to karting

Post by Eric Sepulveda » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:33 pm

I say take him to a club race and have him and you check it out. There are plenty of kid karts (5-7 year old) class. He could sit in one and see how he likes it. Its a no brainer! HE WILL! There is a race this weekend Sunday.
Eric Sepulveda #18 Kid Kart