Kid Karter Topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Phong Bui

Post by Phong Bui » Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:08 pm

Hello all my name is Phong Bui. I'm looking to get my 6yr old son Ethan into karting. I am overwhelmed with the amount of info and was wondering what would be a good starter set up for him. I've been in the automotive business for about 15 years so I am familiar a few things here and there. Thanks in advance!

Patrick Roth
The master poster

Re: Newbie

Post by Patrick Roth » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:19 am

Hello Phong,

Welcome to the forum! Currently your son would be eligible to compete in the kid kart class which uses a "kid" kart size chassis and a 2 cycle Comer motor. The club currently doesn't have a 4 cycle motor option for this class but the regional Texas Sprint Racing Series does have a kid kart class with a 4 cycle motor.

When does your son turn 7? If it is in the near future you may consider waiting just a little bit longer and getting him into a "cadet" size chassis with either a 2 cycle or 4 cycle motor.

I would recommend attending one of the upcoming races (we have one this coming Sunday) and meet some of the club members and ask a bunch of questions. I plan to be there this Sunday and run a CRG (orange and black) shifter kart #26T. While I'm not an expert on kid karts or cadet karts, I can introduce you to people that can help.

Best Regards,
Patrick

Kenny Brown
The master poster

Re: Newbie

Post by Kenny Brown » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:03 am

He can race Kid Karts until he's 8 if he starts the season age 7.

I've got a good starter Top Kart Kid Kart and lots of parts for sale.

Kenny Brown