2010 STOCK MOTO

80Jr and Sr, 125 Senior, Stock and Masters

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

brian allen
The master poster
2010 STOCK MOTO

Post by brian allen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Just wanted to know what class everyone is going to run in 2010.
S1,S2.

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Re: 2010 STOCK MOTO

Post by Brad Johnson » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:25 pm

First question will be what class structure will the club follow. I would guess we might follow SWRC so what will they offer? Whatever the breakdown we will all be on track together. Being an old fat guy it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see S4 but I don't expect it. I'm thinking there will be S1 and S2 (only difference being the license level and weight, if we even mess with the license stuff), maybe there will be S3 and then S5 for the juniors. We already had 125 Masters but that was for mod and ICC, maybe that will get changed to G1 to follow SKUSA.

Guess in a couple weeks we will find out at the meeting. So that's my $.02 worth.

Does everybody have their '99 intakes and OEM reeds back in??

Oscar Aguilera
The master poster

Post by Oscar Aguilera » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:55 pm

unfortunately the skusa rules also include the stock ignition plate which most of our motors do not have. they have been removed in order to advance the timing.

really we should do what swrc does imo since the most logical move up for any locals is the regional level.

according to the new skusa rules you need the stock reed block, the oem boot, and the stock ignition plate. the plate to remedy a cut one is available from skusa apparently. but im waiting to see what happens.

imo we should leave the class as is so no one has to spend any more money. i dont think anyone around here has a RS intake boot anyway. as for the reed block i believe the stock one is 2 petal and the mod one is 3 petal.

but i do and some others also want to run swrc. as for local i can personally enter the 125 sr and my motor is legal for that class since it is old skusa open motor 125 rules for the most part.

the shifter participants at katy should decide what to do. we are the few ones that own the class anyway.

you members decide and that should be the final say. maybe you can cast your votes on here :?

just my opinion
832-250-3806

Scott Boone
The master poster

Post by Scott Boone » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:24 am

I will not be switching to stock honda and plan to race ICC when I feel like it. I prefer less weight so the 385 is attractive. If not the 405 at the max. I hate picking up the kart with all than lead. I think Joplin will be racing this class too. I dont plan to buy lots of tires so I will be content with just having fun.

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:00 pm

As Scott says, I will be in the Master Shifter group. I will run the shifter as time and energy permits. Seldom new tires, just racing for experience and fun.

Bryan

Richard Scott
Rookie Poster

Post by Richard Scott » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:34 pm

Shaun will run an ICC a few races this year. I agree with Scott lets keep the weight to 385lbs

Richard Scott
Richard Scott
832-499-7261