cr80 shifter gearing for gcki?

80Jr and Sr, 125 Senior, Stock and Masters

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

James Mckiddie
cr80 shifter gearing for gcki?

Post by James Mckiddie » Mon May 16, 2011 10:13 am

What gearing should I be running at GCKI? I am about to get a membership and have persuaded a few others to join with 80cc shifters and noticed the karts have drasticlly different gearing. Mine at the moment has a 21 tooth on the rear. And I think the front is a 14 but I'm not sure. I will check soon though. Anyone with a 80/85 shifter chime in please. :D
Last edited by James Mckiddie on Tue May 17, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Re: cr80 shifter gearing for gcki?

Post by Brad Johnson » Mon May 16, 2011 7:31 pm

I can't offer any gearing help but it's cool that you are becoming a member and bringing some friends with you. We have one other 80 that might check in with an answer for you. Welcome to the club.

James Mckiddie

Re: cr80 shifter gearing for gcki?

Post by James Mckiddie » Tue May 17, 2011 9:51 am

Thanks brad. I am currently going through my Birel kart to make it reliable. I replaced the master cylinders with Righetti Ridolfi's and replaced all the cup seals in the calipers. I am replacing the topend next so I know how much time is on the piston and rings. I have been working on motocross bikes for years and 2 strokes are so simple to me now that all we run in motocross is 4 strokes. Oh my gearing is actually 14/21. I am thinking of going to a 25 or 26 on the rear. What do you guys think?