Rotax Micro Max

TAG Cadet, TAG Junior, TAG Senior & TAG Masters

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Bob Newhouse
Rookie Poster
Rotax Micro Max

Post by Bob Newhouse » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:37 pm

Anyone know if/when official GCKI rules be out for this class? Can we rely on the national rules per Rotax Max Challenge site at:

http://rmaxchallenge.com/page.cfm?content=19 ??

I contacted a builder who was confused over the 950mm chassis size.

I'm looking at used vs. new--but there aren't many Micros out there. It would likely be a conversion from a Mini Max, but then I suppose I'd have to ensure it's a 950mm chassis not a 1000mm, right?

Any insights or sources are appreciated!!

Bob
Bob Newhouse
son "GT" Thomas Micro Max #01

Mike Hewitt
The master poster

Post by Mike Hewitt » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:32 pm

Bob,

It is great that you are interested in this class, as you know it is a new class not only to the GCKI, but to the National Rotax circuit as well. It is my understanding that the local class will follow the national rules for the Rotax class. Regarding the chassis, the Cadet chassis is what is used, Birel C28 is the one Max has.

It is my understanding that the chassis used for the gazelle is the same chassis that you would use for the MicroMax. Dave Pauly with 3G can answer more questions, or you can reach me @ 713.824.9457.

BTW, will we see you and Thomas next weekend?

Mike Hewitt
MPH Racing Team

Rick Miller
The master poster

Rules for 2009

Post by Rick Miller » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:18 pm

Hi Bob, There will be a meeting sceduled for the purpose of disscussing rule changes for all of the the classes at GCKI. Members and all class captains are encouraged to attend as these meetings as they will have an effect on your individual class. We will try to schedule this in January. Stay tuned. Thanks, Rick