June 22nd race

TAG Cadet, TAG Junior, TAG Senior & TAG Masters

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Scott Boone
The master poster
June 22nd race

Post by Scott Boone » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:03 pm

I plan to be there for the june 22nd race. I have heard Greg Dundas will be racing and maybe John Bartos and Brian Traw. lets have a good turnout!!!!!

John Bartos
The master poster

Post by John Bartos » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:38 pm

Scott - I give you all the credit in the world for a valiant effort in that heat! I give even greater credit to all who survived and thrived all the way through the day's sessions.

I did actually go out and put in some HOT laps on Saturday. It was a blast - but this poor, old body just wasn't conditioned enough to put in a string of laps long enough to make a feature (or even a solid heat race).

I'll keep trying to build up my stamina. I just don't want to ruin the Bartos racing reputation the rest of the family has established at Katy.

Scott Boone
The master poster

thanks

Post by Scott Boone » Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:02 pm

thanks John,
I want to stress to everyone how important it is to ALWAYS wear protective clothing while racing or practicing. weekend before last, my first session out, I did not wear a rib protector and hurt my ribs. It will be a real bummer to lay off for the 6-8 weeks that I will need to let them heal.

In the meantime, John you have several races to get your times down to the 42s. When I come back, I want you and traw to be racing!

Mark Reid
The master poster

Post by Mark Reid » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:29 am

John - the Rib thing is Scott's way of getting out of racing in the heat for the next 2 months :lol:
Mark Reid

Scott Boone
The master poster

heat

Post by Scott Boone » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:32 pm

That too. Last race was so hot I was having trouble wrenching because my hands were cramping. Honestly, I think Brian has a point about adding lights to GCKI.

I am in Maui this week and not too far from the airport is an old ww2 airstrip that has a motorcross track, a kart track and a drag strip. Garrett and i spent some time out their yesterday and they have a small club with about 45 members. Most show up at the races and they just installed lights so they could race at night. The lights are crude and mounted on used wooden telephone poles but they say it is a must otherwise it is too hot. I havent looked them up on the internet yet but they have a nice track. I should have packed better and remembered to pack my kart. Next time!
Last edited by Scott Boone on Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

John Bartos
The master poster

Re: ..

Post by John Bartos » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:53 pm

Mark Reid wrote:John - the Rib thing is Scott's way of getting out of racing in the heat for the next 2 months :lol:
Well - that's a start. Now I just need Dave and Mike and Gary and Brian and you and... To lay low for a few months. Then I need to talk Oscar into cutting the feature back to 5 laps (with 3 lap heats).