X-30 or Leopard...

TAG Cadet, TAG Junior, TAG Senior & TAG Masters

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Chris Dunbar
X-30 or Leopard...

Post by Chris Dunbar » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:00 am

Hi All,

My old style (98-08) Leopard blew up on me last time I was out and has been damaged beyond repair so I am in the market for a new engine and was looking for some advice...

i) X-30 vs. Leopard : It seems that the X-30 is the motor of the future but everyone at GCK will be running the Leopard for a while still. I get the impression the X-30 would be slightly slower at GCK... and if the rest of the field is running a leopard then I should be too. However for future proofing the leopard is the way to go. Cost new seems to be identical so it seems a direct choice.

ii) My other option is to try and find another old style leopard run that for a few years and then convert to an X-30 at a later date. Does anyone have an old style leopard that they no longer want and would be prepared to sell? I have all the engine accessories so it would be engine only I am looking for. I found my old style leopard was identical in performance to any MY09 out there so maybe this is the best route in the short term.

Your thoughts are much appreciated!

Chris