PRD Fireball allowed in TAG at GCKI?

TAG Cadet, TAG Junior, TAG Senior & TAG Masters

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Wade P Koehl
PRD Fireball allowed in TAG at GCKI?

Post by Wade P Koehl » Sun May 09, 2010 1:55 pm

Eric let me ride his kart yesterday- I'm hooked! I'm looking for karts now more seriously. I believe I'll start in the Chonda class.

I'm going to look at a kart in a couple days, and it comes with a PRD Fireball motor. I've read the rules for this year and last year, and I wasn't sure if the PRD Fireball is allowed in the TaG Class? Last years rules specifically state it is allowed, but this years rules state the leopard, then states other SKUSA rules apply.

So, is the PRD Fireball allowed in the TaG class at GCKI? I know I'll start in the Chonda class, but if I can get a good deal on the motor, I'll buy it now to be able to step upto the TaG class at some point (which may not be until next year).

Thanks for the help!

Wade

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster

Re: PRD Fireball allowed in TAG at GCKI?

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:14 am

Yes the Fireball is allowed. You might want to check into their performance. I do not believe they run very competitively against Leopards or rotax.

Bryan

Dan Honovich

Re: PRD Fireball allowed in TAG at GCKI?

Post by Dan Honovich » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:41 pm

I have a prd fireball setup on my kart. I highly suggest you get one with the 09 connecting rod as well as the few other updates. I had a 05 which was fun but definitely underpowered compared to the 09 engine I have. On the straight away my 05 had trouble hanging with a leopard. My 09 (although I killed the motor in 3 hours as it got an air pocket in head which was my fault) was much stronger and even when I didn't have correct gearing (I didn't realize I had an 11 tooth up front instead of 10 and still had an 80 in the back) it was much closer to what the leopard was. I sent in my 05 to be updated and when I get it back I will be able to get a better feel of how it hangs with a leopard. Hope that helps.