Yamaha clinic?

Forum for all other classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

K.J. Kreiter
Loud Mouth Poster
Yamaha clinic?

Post by K.J. Kreiter » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:36 pm

I was wondering if the club has ever had or would consider having a clinic for Yamahas. I am trying to get a kart ready to race and could benefit from an off-race day setup and tuning clinic with other new racers and former KT 100 owners/experts. It might also be an opportunity to attract new members. The Yamaha class is such a great starting point for new racers and it seems that the club has so many seasoned KT 100 racers that could instruct. I could provide refreshments. I took my daughter to the kid kart clinic this past weekend and really enjoyed it. John did a great job and the course was very informative. Much of what he covered could apply to any class. I have already received help and support from some of the KT 100 guys and it is very much appreciated. I just thought it would be fun to get a bunch of KT 100's together to promote the class, exchange info, eat some food, and have some laughs. Please reply if you or someone you know would be interested and we could bring it up at a members meeting. Thanks,
KJ

Mike Books

Another Yamaha

Post by Mike Books » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:29 pm

KJ you could definately count me and Kyle in on any Yamaha class. You need any help getting yours together don't hesitate to contact me.

Luke Hesketh

Post by Luke Hesketh » Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:49 pm

I would love to be in on that. Perhaps we could all discuss ways to get guys started out in a low cost way. My first kart was 1800 and I made it competitive, my current one, 600 more and just as competitive, as we will see soon... I hope. But if I knew set up tips and tricks then, I probably would have that first one still. Maybe some of the Yamee guys could work to procure some frames, motors, etc. and build a source of Yamaha parts for the new guy and seasoned guy. I'm working on clutch set up charts for Yamee lite and heavy as well as entertaining help in said area from younger yamee class dads. I will be there Sunday, as I expect the Books, Scott, and KJ as well. We could discuss it initially then? I like this idea, let's get the dust off them kt's!

Twitch