Lack of GCKI 206's at TSRS?

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Patrick Roth
The master poster
Lack of GCKI 206's at TSRS?

Post by Patrick Roth » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:28 pm

While I've been taking a little bit of a break from karting to pursue other interests, I still like to watch the kart races on Race Monitor. Following the LO206's for the club races is great as there is usually a pretty good turnout and it's neat to see some of the new names start to become more and more competitive.

This past weekend I was on vacation so I was unable to attend the TSRS race at GCKI but I still tried to catch what I could on RaceMon and cheer on the local racers. I was surprised and somewhat disappointed by the lack of GCKI LO206 racers that participated and am curious as to what is keeping our club racers from making these regional races? The turnout for the race was still good but it was glaring to me that GCKI wasn't that well represented. Cost is always a concern but the TSRS has historically been strongly supported by GCKI members over the past few years (heck the first year had all 3 races at non-GCKI tracks but GCKI members still were a large part of the entries). What gives?

I can't imagine a better opportunity for the 206 racers to learn and improve their craft by racing against the best. I know of several names that I think could've battled for podium spots and for those that are less experienced this would've been a great chance to learn from some of the best! During the years that I've been karting, my biggest jumps in competitiveness came from larger events like the TPKC, TSRS, etc.

Cheers! :)

Jean Michel Gaston
The master poster

Re: Lack of GCKI 206's at TSRS?

Post by Jean Michel Gaston » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:36 am

Patrick,

Like you, I was very surprised. I think it's a bit of a shame to be honest. We have a very strong and fast group at GCKI in 206, and to see the podium filled with visiting racers was very sad.