Greyhound 6.5 - Who sells them?

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Alex Bahena
Greyhound 6.5 - Who sells them?

Post by Alex Bahena » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:50 pm

Hello, I posted here a while back and I haven't been able to hit the track the last couple of years, so I finally renewed my membership. I bought a race prepped Chonda with the blue cover, and I've ran it a few times throughout the year to keep the engine starting. Well I tried today and I've had no luck.

I replaced the fuel, I took the carb apart and cleaned it up, checked the plug and it's dark but but it's ran like that before. I'll change it anyway, but now the I've pulled the rope so many times it won't bind back up. I was thinking of just purchasing a new blue greyhound but Harbor Freight no longer sells them.

Is the blue chonda no longer used? could I go to the 6.5 predator?

Oh and why doesn't search work on this forum? I can get any response on any key words?

Thanks!
Alex

Austin Hunter
The master poster

Re: Greyhound 6.5 - Who sells them?

Post by Austin Hunter » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:17 pm

Hey Alex

I'm sure you can still find a Chonda motor online from a kart shop. This past year the majority of 4 stroke racers switched to Briggs LO206 motor. I believe we only had 2 Chanda's race any race all year. If you are going to buy a new motor a suggest getting a 206 so you have more people to race with. You can find the 206 locally at RpM race karts
Austin Hunter
27T Briggs LO206
2013 Sodi World Series
National Champion

Alex Bahena

Post by Alex Bahena » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:52 am

Thanks Austin! Are there any how-to's for converting from the chonda to the Briggs 206?
I'll start looking for the Briggs.

Ted Dziedzic
The master poster

Post by Ted Dziedzic » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:13 am

Briggs LO206 will pretty well bolt on in place. Same motor mount and you can use the same clutch and chain guard. The motor comes with the fuel pump. I believe you still need to purchase the air filter. The LO206 is a sealed spec motor which makes the racing very competitive and lets the driver concentrate on learning chassis setup and developing driving skills. There is a lot of good info on the Briggs Racing Web Site for the 206 also.