Engines for Chonda Class

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

James Thomas
Rookie Poster
Engines for Chonda Class

Post by James Thomas » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:59 am

I see in the threads that the blue and yellow engines are allowed however when I look at Harbor Freight I am only finding the black "predator" engine. I also see in the rules that there are "go/no-go" bores and jets etc.

Is the black engine at Harbor Freight allowed ? and... is there a "current" how to for the Chonda engine build in light of the recent rule changes and modifications that are allowed?

Thanks !!

Chris Watts

Re: Engines for Chonda Class

Post by Chris Watts » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:27 pm

The place to look for a race prepped chonda is arcracing.com. The blue engine has been phased out and the newer yellow is the current box stock engine. ARC will sell you the engine and the "upgrade" kit separately or you can buy the engine fully assembled and ready for installation. I believe you will also need to get the header and RLV B-91 muffler to complete the engine. Good luck.

James Thomas
Rookie Poster

Post by James Thomas » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:05 am

Thanks Chris, that is good information! I went to ARC website, am I safe getting the DJ-1030 Super Box U Build It Engine kit ?

I just want to make sure whatever I get that I am legal.

Thanks again!

Bill Choice
The master poster

Post by Bill Choice » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:51 pm

Don't get the Superbox! You need to get a box stock engine and or plain yellow and box stock kit.

James Thomas
Rookie Poster

Post by James Thomas » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:57 am

ok so I ended up calling ARC to ask about the box stock engine options because they currently do not have it on thier website anywhere, leading someone to believe they dont sell it. They DO have it and in several different options, you just need to give them a call and they are very helpful in explaining everything to you.

Thanks for everyones help!