2011 Chonda rule update???

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Scott Givan
2011 Chonda rule update???

Post by Scott Givan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:29 pm

Is there going to be a 2011 Chonda rule update? I have seen the allowance of the yellow Dupor, but in the Chonda rule section is just the 2010 rules, and no mention of the yellow engine. I think it would help the new folks if they could find everything that applies in one place......might prevent some confusion too.

I'm new to the sport, and want to make sure I'm legal all the way around. :D

P.S. What are our rules based on, WKA, ARKA,..???

John Bartos
The master poster

Re: 2011 Chonda rule update???

Post by John Bartos » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:33 pm

Scott - Bill has rewritten the rules, they have not been published.

For now - The posting on the GCKI home page supersedes the section: "Engine Preparation and allowed aftermarket parts" - Items 1-5.

We run compliant with AKRA Box Stock/6.5 Clone/2011 exactly as stated in our rules. No specifications change as a result of the permitted parts upgrades.

For the CHONDA Cadets we are still experimenting with weights. The class has been treated as "exhibition" for this year as we get all of the new racers up to speed. We've found that the silver restrictor plate reduces performance too much. Thus we are running purple at 200lbs and blue at 265lbs. This seems to give reasonable parity. The main challenge we've seen is with the light weight of the 4-stroke engine, most racers in the age bracket cannot get up to 235lbs without adding substantial lead to the karts. 200lbs seemed to be a reasonable target weight.

If there are any specific points needing clarification, please do feel free to contact me directly.