Good starters for Chondas?

Forum for LO206 & Chonda classes

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Mike Becnel
Good starters for Chondas?

Post by Mike Becnel » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 am

Hello all,

Let start by saying my boss is a very cool business owner. I will be joining the club as a Master member soon.

For team building and intern projects we are buying a few Go Karts. One, that we have, is way too fast for newbs and I'll be using it to herd our 2 or 3 Chondas on outing days. We are buying 2 or 3 more less expensive ones that I would like to be able to convert to Chondas as it fits well with our intern's project as well as just more fun to drive around on "fun" days.

We have found the following two road rat karts as potential bases for Chondas.

Any recommendations on suitability? I have only read the rules once and suspect I need a yellow can for each and parts kits. We'll have the rear bumpers. Would either of these be turn-key acceptable for other classes at the track (and competitive)?

Thanks,

-Mike
Last edited by Mike Becnel on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

John Bartos
The master poster

Re: Good starters for Chondas?

Post by John Bartos » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:16 pm

Mike,
Please phone me at your convenience. I'll be glad to help you out on selecting a proper chassis for our CHONDA Class. There are a number of used chassis and/or karts available that are pedigreed race karts, that are going onto their 2nd life as CHONDA's. We have limited experience with the road rats at Katy (other than the owners of that business repeatedly posting advertisements against club rules on our forums). The few we have seen have not been very competitive from a weight and handling perspective.
John
713 203 9615

Mike Becnel

Re: Good starters for Chondas?

Post by Mike Becnel » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:34 am

I did not realize they were spammers, I'll edit my 1st post to remove the link to them (I am REALLY against spammers). I'll give you a call sometime today.