Newbie to kid karting

Kid Karter Topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Mark Chandler
Newbie to kid karting

Post by Mark Chandler » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:58 pm

My son will be racing next year in kid karts for the first time. We are mostly set up with the kart, just a few more things here and there. Some lingering questions- where in the world can I get some MS93 fuel before race day? How long is race day? I would like to know how much other entertainment to bring to keep my son occupied between qualifying and racing. Any ideas on how many kids will be out there in 2020?

Thanks,
Mark

Benjamin Paradis

Re: Newbie to kid karting

Post by Benjamin Paradis » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:16 pm

We are planning to run this year. My 5 year old son driving. Planning to get to the track for our first time soon. Haven't found ms93, I have seen a fuel places display it as "discontinued".

Mark Chandler

Post by Mark Chandler » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:48 pm

I have read that some folks may show up with some during race days. But otherwise I am not sure where to get it.

Matt Blehm
Loud Mouth Poster

Post by Matt Blehm » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:02 am

Hi all,
there is usually someone at the track with MS93 available for sale. If you show up for race day and don't have any, it doesn't take much to run a kid kart for a day, so I'm happy to help out with a gallon or so.

Regarding places locally, you can buy it at JBM (Joe Bauhs Motorsports), Speedsportz, and Smileys Racing.
Smiley's used to sell it by the gallon for a real good price, but I've heard they wised up to how much a 5gal can was and matched the pricing.

Regarding kid karts, there were nine yesterday at Speedsportz. (that's nuts to watch LOL!!) We were at home over the weekend with a sick kid and wife, but plan to have my 5yr old at most of the GCKI races this season.

Mark Chandler

Post by Mark Chandler » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:38 pm

Thanks Matt. I ended up picking some up at Speedsportz on Saturday. I think I passed through when the kids were running, but I didn't stay long so we could get my son over to his first run at GCKI. We ended up staying for 6 hours and even with the waiting, I did not hear one complaint of boredom!

Scott Boone
The master poster

Post by Scott Boone » Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:23 pm

Hang tight and i will get you some info on ms93 tomorrow and post tomorrow night. As far as the number of kid karters this year, time will tell but try to get the word out so everyone shows up to the first race!