Honda GXH50 Clutch

Kid Karter Topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Jacob Mitchell
Honda GXH50 Clutch

Post by Jacob Mitchell » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 am

My sons Kart has a comer 50 and I always thought that was a standard for the kids class however reading the 2018 rules it states Honda GXH50 will be used.

I would like to enter him in the race this weekend however I can’t seem to find a Honda GXH50 clutch setup? Does anyone know of a local place or even a place I can order everything?

I know it’s a bit last minute given it’s a week away however he is looking forward to it and I’m trying to make this happen.

Thanks
Jacob

Jacob Mitchell

Re: Honda GXH50 Clutch

Post by Jacob Mitchell » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:39 am

http://www.accelerationkarting.com/hond ... motor.html

Well sorry I’ve found the complete setup now, if anyone else might need this info... here it is!

Matt Blehm
Loud Mouth Poster

Post by Matt Blehm » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:39 am

Yeah, the Honda is a new requirement for 2017. It was Comer or Honda last year. I just now downloaded the 2018 rules and there is no option to run the Comer this season- I was expecting at least a sunset clause or something to allow time to source new parts, but that doesn't appear to be the case..

I'm going to try to source a Honda before the race, but we may be showing up with a Comer and hoping for mercy on the rules...

Matt Blehm
Loud Mouth Poster

Post by Matt Blehm » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:24 pm

One more update folks.. This should be updated on the website shortly as well. In the 2018 rules, there was a typo on the gearing section, which still had the old Comer 10T front gear specified.

Honda comes with 15 or 16 tooth option. I called Paul and he ran through the circles, the 15 tooth gear is the one required for us.

Paul is going to have the site updated and whatnot to reflect the clarification.

I also tried to see if Paul would be willing to do a sunset period on the Comer.. He simply said 'you can come and run, but you won't be scored points'. So no option for a sunset period on moving over to the Honda.