Kid Kart Rules and Format

Kid Karter Topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Brian Traw
The master poster
Kid Kart Rules and Format

Post by Brian Traw » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:42 pm

With the season just getting ready to kick off I was wondering if the Kid Kart Parents could come up with a structured race format and set of rules to be proposed to the board at the next club meeting. Structured format that follows the rules of WKA, SWRC, and/or national events such as the Kid Kart Nationals. We need to come up with a system that each race stays constant (how many laps, HOW WE LINE UP TO START, pre tech, post tech). I believe at the beginning of the season, new and some old Kid Kart parents and drivers need an intro to karting. (DRIVER)the rules of the track, the flags, the grid, and so on.....)(PARENTS)the rule of the track, the flags, the grid, the KART). It is our responsibilty as members of GCKI to help out others that are just getting started in this sport. Safety is also over looked sometimes by anxious parents wanting their child to drive. I suggest we go back to ROOKIE "X" on the back of helmets and orange # plates on the back of karts for rookie drivers. If it wasn't for a couple of good friends that helped me out this last year I would have been lost, thanks Patrick and Eddie. Kid Karters are the largest class at Katy so I hope we can get some great input on this so we can have a great season to come.

Brian

PS- For those who need a copy of the Kid Kart WKA Rules I can send them to you if you send me your email. These rules show all FACTORY motor specs and chassis specs.

scott chesser
Loud Mouth Poster

Post by scott chesser » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:57 am

Brian,
Good idea. Lets pick some rules and use them as go by's. It probably would hurt to have a kid kart 1/2 day camp that the kids could attend and be shown the flags, learn them, learn hand signals, etc. from an "instructor" rather their parent. I say this because i think it would sink in better. If we could get one of the "fast guys" to do the instructional part and get them to do it for a minimal fee per kid, I think everyone would be better off safety and performancewise. Remember the old Steve Wise MX schools, or Gary Bailey, or Bill Law? Something like that.
Does the WKA use a spec tire?
I'm all for what you suggest and more.
Keep me in the loop if you still have my numbers

Scott

Gary Percival

Post by Gary Percival » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:27 am

Not just for Kids. I think there should be an instructional "get-together" for all new drivers and rookies in ALL the classes. My two kids will be starting in Yamaha Jr and Tag and I know there are alot of others out there that are getting into karting and building starter karts cause I have talked with them on the phone about parts hunting. They should all go thru an introductory class covering the basic and all.

Just my 2 cents.

Gary

Eddie Ilavia
The master poster

Post by Eddie Ilavia » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:05 am

Brian,

Now...you want to do this now come on I needed this last year :D !

Seriously, good idea and if you can get the "Masters" like "Patrick the Key Master", "Larry the Tire Master" and "Gene the Master Vader" the GCKI Kid Karters will be the tops! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Regards,
MIDI Motorsports

Patrick Madison
The master poster

Post by Patrick Madison » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:37 pm

Why am I the key master? Is it because I have all of the keys to winning! A great chassis, good engine and an awesome driver. Thanks for the compliment.
Garrett Madison
Madison Racing
Birel Motorsports
Cadet Sportsman K-80/KPP Sportsman
WKA Manufacturer's Cup

Eddie Ilavia
The master poster

Post by Eddie Ilavia » Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:35 pm

Patrick,

Why would you think anything it meant anything else? :twisted: You da man!
Regards,
MIDI Motorsports

Scott Madison
The master poster

Post by Scott Madison » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:35 pm

:roll: :( :? :shock: what about the "funmaster" :wink:
Madison Racing #3 IF YOU LIFT YOU LOSE!