MyChron 4

Kid Karter Topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Stanislaus Ramirez
MyChron 4

Post by Stanislaus Ramirez » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:01 am

Looking at getting a MyChron 4 but, I see we have an option depending on track. Those that are running in Kid Kart at CGKI (Comer C50) can you let me know what I need to get? See product selection below:

For sure I will get the option of using 1 temperature input, CHT (cylinder head) sensor gets placed under the spark plug. It is 9/16 (14mm) in size. For a 4 stroke Motor, it uses a 10mm CHT.

•Note: If the tracks you drive at have magnetic strips built in then you should select the Magnetic Receiver. If some of the tracks don't then you should select the Infrared Receiver, but you will also need to purchase an Infrared Beacon if you don't have one. Alot of times the track will have an Infrared Beacon out there, just call and ask.

PS. I know we run the race with a transponder so, not sure what they are talking about?

Ciao,

SRR

david mckee
The master poster

Re: MyChron 4

Post by david mckee » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:05 pm

you will need the Infrared Receiver the track has the beacon out at the track on the inside of the track just across from pit lane you will have to mount the receiver so it can swivel as we run both directions i would recommend that you mount it near the top of the fairing it will pick up good there and stay out of the way for the most part it just needs a clear line of site to the side of the kart.
David McKee

Stanislaus Ramirez

Re: MyChron 4

Post by Stanislaus Ramirez » Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:23 am

Thanks!