Leatt Neck Braces

Kid Karter Topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Jeff Arndt
The master poster
Leatt Neck Braces

Post by Jeff Arndt » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:43 am

Hey Guys. Just wanted to pass this along. We have been using the Leatt braces for years and they are the absolution best in protection for karting. These retail for about $390 but you can often catch them on Ebay used and in excellent condition for less then $200. I highly recommend them. I provided a link below for one that is current on sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Leatt-Brace-Mot ... SS:US:1123

Note: The Moto - Kart version is the only approved version for karting. There are a few others that may be cheaper but they are for motocross.

Brad Francis

Re: Leatt Neck Braces

Post by Brad Francis » Mon May 27, 2013 9:38 pm

Thanks for the info. I have some boys that are about to take the plunge, and still fleshing out a few pieces before they will take their first awkward fumbles around the track....and the neckbrace is one such item. When your kid is upside down, with the kart about to land on them, is not when you want to be questioning your safety gear.

That said, all my research keeps coming back to Leatt....

However, my understanding was that the GPX model was approved by WKA...and offers the "right" protection for this kind of application.

I only ask, as I keep finding great deals on GPX models, but haven't been as lucky on the Moto-Kart.

Any insight on this? I want to be sure the equipment is legal, but am more concerned about its effectiveness in this kind of application.

Thanks for any thoughts you have....
Brad