Main Gate

This is a discussion board to post new ideas and resource projects

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster
Main Gate

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:34 pm

I have not been to the track since the last race, but assume the main gate is still damaged and hanging. If there are no current plans for repair, I would be willing to take on the job. My plan would be to remove the gate at the next race (this Sunday Oct 19). (I would need help for removal and loading onto my flatbed trailer) I would take the gate home, straighten, repair and reinforce the damaged hinges. I have not had a close look at the gate, but this appears to be the principle problem. I would plan to have the gate ready for installation at the following race, Nov 2, and again would need help to rehang the gate. If this sounds like a reasonable proposal, please let me know.

Patrick Madison
The master poster

Post by Patrick Madison » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:39 pm

:D Great idea Bryan :!:
Garrett Madison
Madison Racing
Birel Motorsports
Cadet Sportsman K-80/KPP Sportsman
WKA Manufacturer's Cup

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster

Main Gate

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:00 pm

I will be bringing my flatbed trailer to the race. Any assistance in removing and loading the gate will be appreciated. It would be nice to get this done early in the day, while I still have enough energy to lift anything. :lol:

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster

Main Gate

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:48 pm

The gate is repaired, repainted and ready for installation. I will bring it to the track this Sunday for installation prior to the race. It will take about 6 people to lift it into place. Volunteers are welcome.

Bryan

Rick Miller
The master poster

Thank You

Post by Rick Miller » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:02 am

Mr. Joplin, On behalf of everyone at GCKI, THANK YOU for repairing the main gate, it looks great. Sincerely, Rick Miller

Scott Boone
The master poster

front gate

Post by Scott Boone » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:21 am

I havent seen it yet but I bet it looks great. Thanks for taking that project on and getting it done. I know it not only took a lot of time but several special round trips to the track as well. Thanks!