Conditions of Track grounds today!

This is a discussion board to post new ideas and resource projects

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

noeesparza
Conditions of Track grounds today!

Post by noeesparza » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:55 pm

Ok, Let me preface this by saying that I don't have any clue who did the following, so if it was not you, you should not be offended. I have not wanted to say anything, but what i saw today just made me mad. We were out at the track for some practice today and the track was a mess! It is pretty bad when your 9 year old tells you hey dad lets pick this mess up before we do some practice. I have been a member for two years and have seen trash on the grounds before, but this was ridiculous. The cans by the covered pits were so full that people had to just put their trash around the cans. By the way there were other cans that were not full, but I guess walking 50 feet is to much for some people. It was scattered everywhere. We always make it a point to pick up not just our trash but what ever we see around and it usually takes us about 20 minutes or so. It took my two sons, my brother and I over an hour to pick up all the trash. Why is there a dumpster on the property if it is not going to be used. I know that we all pay our dues, but paying dues does not mean you can leave crap everywhere and expect someone else to pick it up. Oh, and if your going to bar b que, and you do not want your grill why leave it thrown in the grass still full of used charcoal.

Now for the restroom. The last two times prior to today the outside restroom was pretty bad. I reminded myself to bring some cleaning supplies in case it was in bad shape, and it was. Wow someone has real bad aim. I would not let my wife or kids use the restroom in the shape it was in today. I think we should put a lock on the door you know one of those code locks to prevent people from off the street to using it. I hope it was someone from off the street and not our members that would leave our restroom looking like this. Anyway if you go and use the restroom this weekend be considerate of others. That's all

Noe Esparza

Michael Long
Loud Mouth Poster

Outside Restroom

Post by Michael Long » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:50 pm

As the person who cleans the outside restroom on a regular basis, I have stated to more than one person that it is an impossible task to keep clean. 9 out of 10 times that I go out to do the clubhouse cleaning i find the door either wide open or not fully closed and locked. I was told that it would be not locked between events in order that people who come out to practice will have the facility available to use. I do not know whether "our people" or others from "wherever" or the neighborhood folks are using it, but either way unless the door actually gets closed fully, our people help to keep it clean or indeed lock it..it will never stay clean. I can not tell you how many times that I have found that room in the worst possible condition & had to hose out, clean & sanitize. I work to keep our clubhouse as nice & fresh as possible for the event weekends or the outside during the week and unless the outside gets locked up, helped to keep clean & relocked after use with out fail I can't help it.

I ALSO would ask that if any of us has a problem with an INSIDE toilet...PLEASE do what you can at that time to clean up any mess or if you find a mess do a little something to make it a little better. again, if you had seen what I have encountered on many, many, many occasions you would have freaked out! I realize anyone can get "sick," but please help us all out by policing yourself or any kiddos not only in the restroom, but all over the inside of the clubhouse and also at final closing up.....Not only is it a health issue but also in the control of bugs & varmints in & around the facility.

Thanks for any help / support with this matter!!

Michael Long

noeesparza

Post by noeesparza » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:59 am

Michael, thank you for doing the clean up at the facility. I will make it a point from now on that I bring some cleaning supplies and give the restroom a good cleaning. I did clean all the mess up this time and left the restroom clean and disinfected. I really think we need a lock on that door.

Noe'

Michael Long
Loud Mouth Poster

Outside Relief Station

Post by Michael Long » Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:49 am

Thanks, all I can suggest is to bring that idea up to the Board. I agree that if we expect to ever keep that outside restroom clean & sanitary that access must be controlled. I can think of no other way. Additionally, the door must be able to "self close" completely and I would say "self lock." With the caliber of club that I feel that we all desire / deserve, safe, clean restrooms for after hours use then we must take the steps to ensure that. Like with a gate that is locked at all times when members are not present and a published to members only access code, then so should it be with the outside facility. If ya know or have the code then I am sorry about that. You need to acquire it from "mgmt." This "code" needs to be managed and changed on some type of regular schedule and "members" updated as to any new change or code change.

I would love to hear other input as for other suggestions. I we expect to have a first class facility, then it is up to us to set those guidelines required to make it a first class club.

Please, before any possible unhappy comments or such, this posting is only meant to strive for the good of the club & all of its members. There is no ill meaning intended. Only a look to suggested future additions of things to help us all achieve the club that we all seek..... It takes input from every good meaning member that wishes to contribute. Silence achieves nothing...please speak up & out about things such as the outside restroom if you have ideas..

Thx GCKI Members!!!! Let's ALL work together for OUR Club!!! ;)

Scott Boone
The master poster

Volunteer work

Post by Scott Boone » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:07 am

I have been a member of GCKI for 6 or 7 years.

I thought that if we improved the facility, it would motivate people to get more involved to keep it nice. This has not happened.
In early years, we did not pay someone to clean the bathroom or grounds and it was understood by all the members if they didnt want to trip over trash they would have to take it to the dumpster. Now everyone assumes it is someone elses job to take the trash to the dumpster.

I blows me away that people will place trash on the ground around a full trash can and not take the can and extra trash to the dumpster. GCKI relies on members to take the cans to the dumpster and this is not happening. We also assume that people will clean up their own messes in the rest room. This is not happening either.

Cost are rising for all of us but the board has been committed to keeping costs down. In the past two years we have assumed a lot of additional expenses to manage events and clean things. I agree it is not enough. Something needs to change.

Michael Long
Loud Mouth Poster

Track

Post by Michael Long » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:32 am

Sweet Scott! Well spoken.