Well head cover....

This is a discussion board to post new ideas and resource projects

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Brad Johnson
The master poster
Well head cover....

Post by Brad Johnson » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:05 pm

Somehow I couldn't PM Bryan so maybe he'll check in here. I was wondering about the well head cover and what might be needed. I have a couple thick plastic barrels available that might work. If we set some posts, cut the barrel to the appropriate height and then set the barrel upside down and use a couple screws to hold the barrel to the post it could work, maybe?? Not sure if it would fill the visual requirements or if I'm even in the ballpark on what could work.

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster

Re: Well head cover....

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:34 am

Hi Brad,

Just saw your post. The barrel idea may work. I looked at Tractor Supply cattle feed troughs. Couldn't find one deep enough. The problem with barrels is they are deep enough, but we need to cover an area about 3 x 5. If you can, bring your barrel demensions to the race on Sunday and we can discuss if there is someway to adapt. We need to be aware of aesthetics.

Bryan

Brad Johnson
The master poster

Post by Brad Johnson » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:26 am

Bryan,

After I posted I wondered about how big of an area needed to be covered. These are standard size barrels, about 2 ft. across, maybe 3 1/2 ft. tall. I think it's a 45 or 50 gal. so probably not big enough. I was guessing based on the well my mom has at her house which is just a 4" PVC pipe coming out of the ground (in ground pump), and the old pump which was above ground but could be covered by a barrel. Sounds like we have a different arrangement at the track so a barrel isn't a suitable solution. I will take a look at the size just to get an idea though and let you know.

Bryan W. Joplin
The master poster

Post by Bryan W. Joplin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:35 am

Hi Brad

The well head itself is relatively small and could be covered by a barrel. However, the electrical and water pipe from the well are exposed and cover a larger area. It would be nice to have a single attractive cover for the well and associated electrical and piping.

Bryan