Where to get parts and accessories?

Questions and comments re engines, kart setup, gearing and related topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Eugenio Hinojosa
Where to get parts and accessories?

Post by Eugenio Hinojosa » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:33 pm

Hello,

I'm new to Kart Racing, I just bought an Alpha with LO 206 engine. Wondering where do you guys suggest to buy parts and accessories? Do we have a store in the Houston area? Or most of the stuff you buy it online? Any web pages that you guys can recommend? Looking for oil, sprockets, gear, etc.

On another note, I have a 70 tooth sprocket and I'm hitting the limiter at 3/4 of the GCKI main straight. Any ideas on what to change it to? perhaps a 68? I'm 185 pounds BTW.

Thank you for your help.

Jean Michel Gaston
The master poster

Re: Where to get parts and accessories?

Post by Jean Michel Gaston » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:40 am

Hi Eugenio.

welcome to our club. I can't answer your Lo206 questions directly, I'm sure someone here can chime in on the gearing you need at Katy (for what it's worth, for world formula (which is a higher horse power version of the 206), the ideal gearing at Katy has you hitting the rev limiter about 1/2 to 2/3 down the straight.

Alpha's US importer is based here in Houston. Look up Joe Bauhs or DAMZ in google and it will led you to their website. Joe is a most if not all of our local races, and usually has all the parts you will need in his trailer.

You can buy sprockets and other normal consumables like oil, fuel, tires, bolts and nuts - from Joe, of 3G kart racing.
If you want to get your stuff online, try Fastech, acceleration Kart racing, or Comet Karts sales. you can buy most of everything you will ever need from any of those three vendors.

Good luck!

Eugenio Hinojosa

Re: Where to get parts and accessories?

Post by Eugenio Hinojosa » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:13 pm

Perfect! thank you for your comments Jean.

Appreciate it.

Regards!